• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MBA Lotus Study - New Member

ajp33

Freshman Member
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop you all an email to say hello and intriduce myself. As the subject says, I am currently doing some research on the Lotus brand, see my post in the 'pub' section. In addition to that I am a Brit, who has been in the US for about 3 years now as I managed to snag me a lovely American lady.

Whilst I currently drive a Civic, when I graduate I intend to replaced my recently sold English Lotus Elise with wither a federalized version or a classic I still debate which. I'm a bit of a mechanical numpty hence the draw of an Elise. In an ideal world I would adore an Austin Healey which I think has to be one of the most elegant cars out there.

My first ever car was a 1972 Austin Countryman which was a fantastic car for me as a student way back.

Looks like a great website.

All the best

Andrew

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome, Andrew - are you a Brit ex-pat?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
NOW we get the scheme, Andrew!

How long you been in 'da 'berg? All three years? Has the "Stillir" Nation got yins yet? Tasted IC lite? <PTUI!> /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Welcome. Really! No shame in pedalin' a Civic about. It'll serve you well if looked after properly.

Lotus info? Go to Sewickley... "The Car Store"... and ask around if they know any die-hard Lotus enthusiasts. Consider it a research "field trip". It was a Lotus dealership in the '70's. A few of the folk still there were part of it.

Mario and Elvidio Grande in "danthan" may have been dealers later, and another Sewickley dealer picked up Lotus in '78-ish.... Jan Ducoslov, IIRC... Was the Rolly dealer there.

If any of this tickles yer fancy, feel free to PM me for more data.