• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member in Virginia-MGB

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Just purchased a 1964 MGB. Looking forward to interacting with y'all and learning. Your advice and comments were very helpful during my search, including meeting a member and going to look at his car for sale.

Before you ask, "Shinsen" is Japanese for new and fresh. My daily driver is a 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen Version, one of the special editions Mazda out out that year. The special editions are numbered. Mine is number 774 out of 1491 built.

Jim

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Welcome, Shinsen774, from a fellow Virginia member. Hope you enjoy your visits to BCF. I am in Roanoke so probably not that far from you. Hope you enjoy your MGB.

Brianincifax

Freshman Member
I am also a new member in Virginia. I have a 1952 MGTD that I am keeping at British Auto Restorations in Roanoke. I never drive this car so I will be selling it. It is in excellent condition with about 1300 miles since restoration. More photos can be seen on https://www.munsonaviation.com.

Brian

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!
Lots of us here who drive Miatas as an "alternate". Here's ~MINE~ next to a "similar looking car".

66mkIII

Freshman Member
Welcome Jim,

I have a 66 3000 in need of restoration, as well a Miata that seems to always keep me away form the Healey. I am located in the Richmond Area. Welcome!
- Steven

OP
Shinsen774

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Nice to meet all of you. I am in Glen Allen, near Richmond. But was in Roanoke to visit the in-laws last week. Spent a few minutes peering through the windows at Webb Motors.

Hope to see you on the road or at shows. Besides Richmond (Brown's Island and Aviation Museum), Waynesboro, and Williamsburg, any other shows worth going to?

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Isn't that funny? I was just in Glen Allen last Saturday to visit my niece and great nephew.
Another good show to take in is the Hunt Country Classic in northern Virginia in October and there's also a show in April in the Alexandria area but I can't recall the name of it.

69tr

Jedi Trainee
Welcome.

I am another Virginia member, but from a lot futher southwest. I come to Fredericksburg to visit my son and his family. He has a 74 TR6. I also have a friend in Stafford who has a 6. Maybe a get together sometime.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Sounds like a game plan to me, 69TR. You're only an hour or so down the road from me. Sounds like a road trip for the TVR or the Triumph.

69tr

Jedi Trainee
MRTVR, My daughter lives in Salem. I will try to let you know sometime when I am coming up and we can visit, Pete

D

Deleted member 3577

Welcome Shinsen!......I like the stripes.

Your car & I are the same age /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. I usually don't visit the MG forum too often, as I stay busy in the Triumph forum. We're happy to have you and stop by often.

Regards,

Paul