• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

All the best to you all from the N/E UK.

specialsports

Well here I am fully subscribed to this forum and will be looking for lots of info and discussions on cars, bikes, etc.
I am in the twilight years of my life, but I refuse to grow up or act my age!
My hobbies are as follows, bare-foot water skiing, competition water skiing inc jumps, slalom, etc. Powerboat racing in the winter but not as much now, have just sold my boat.
I have four motor bikes, Kawasaki ZZR road race, Royal Enfield 500 trials, Two Honda 750 K2.
Four cars. Alvis Speed 25 Charlesworth 1938, Daimler Barker Special Sports 1950, Daimler V8 2.5 1963, Austin Healey 3000 mk111 BJ8 1968 triple carb model. Plus a few other odds and sods.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Brian! (Folks, I know Brian from another "Daimler" forum. He has among his collection the same model Daimler as I do, the Barker Special Sports, only his is 1000 times nicer).

Brian, we don't quite yet have enough Daimler owners here to warrent a separate forum, but the "Other British Cars" usually works quite well (and for your V8, its close enought to Jaguar I think). Glad you finally made it over here!

Cheers,
Basil

terriphill

Darth Vader
I am not sure what you mean by "twilight" years, but I know that the further I get along in this game the more fun it is...In the past few years I have learned to remodel my home (I actually have done two kitchens, added closets, learned to build cabinets) We grow a huge vegetable garden where I have learned to can all types of vegetables, salsas and specialize in jams and jellies, I have learned to quilt and now I am in the process of learning how to rebuild and restore cars. The older I get, the more I seem to be able to learn. I can't wait until I retire and have real time to play. My husband and I are looking for about 5 acres in the middle of nowhere to build a small haouse with a BIG BARN for all of our projects. Basically, I am not sure "growing up" is all that interesting....Welcome. T:smile:

OP
specialsports

specialsports

Well I am 70 years old, a retired builder, and so to do what I still do as above is quite an achievement. I need to be extremely fit and healthy to ski jump & bare-foot ski on water at 60 mph, but I will have to stop soon, it is starting to hurt when I fall! I am known as an eccentric in my part of the world! But then you only get something out of life, if you put something in to it.