• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Worlds Fastest Indian?

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Not British but I was wondering if you all saw the movie The Worlds Fastest Indian with Sir Anthony Hopkins playing the role of Burt Munro? If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it to all. The site to the real life Burt Munro is attached which has links to the movie site. A truly fascinating story! The wife actually stayed awake through the whole movie.

https://www.indianmotorbikes.com/features/munro/munro.htm

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I want to get that when it comes out on DVD.
One fact by someone who knew him was that when he
came to the US,his first stop was here in Eureka.

- Doug

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Still need to see that movie.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Need to get my wife to add that to her Netflix list. Sounded like a good one.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, bikes are one of my other great interests (earned Life Member-AMA) so I took our gang to see that movie when it first came out. Even the non-gearheads liked it....a great human story as well as neat scooter stuff.
We actually know someone (a car racer) who reminds us of Burt. Also, the "fussy", know-it-all tech-inspector reminds me of a guy I know too.
Loved the scene where he's melting down pistons.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]

Loved the scene where he's melting down pistons.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pure Kiwi ingenuity at work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I enjoyed the movie too.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
Great flick....I know some of the guys that had their hot rods on the salt when they filmed it...I saw it in Detroit last March while I was at Autorama...I had to travel clear across town to see it as it only played in two theatres.

I also own the DVD...it's been out since last summer.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Netflix?

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
tony barnhill said:

One of those services that sends DVDs to your house--unlimited rental per month. My wife is a big movie watcher, so we have a subscription. You make a list of the movies you want to see, and they send them out when they become available. Pretty cool really.