• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello to all

66mkIII

Freshman Member
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.

My dad has built two different garages around his 1966 AH 3000 BJ8. In its glory days it was a car my dad loved. One thing has led to another and it has been off the road for the last 30+ years. I have grown up around the car as it sat covered and on jack stands in our garage. Lack of time and money has always put the Healey on the back burner, but its time for this to change. The sentimental value and potential of this car has thrown the selling option out the window. There is only one thing to do...restore it. I know there are few things that would make my dad happier than to hear this car purr again.

Mechanically we are pretty well inclined, it is more a problem of motivation. We have worked on cars together over the last few years ( my dad the better part of his life) and have been trying our hand in the autocross game.

As it sits now, the car has the usual rust behind the fenders, and the clutch is adhered to the flywheel. All fluids have been drained. When it was running, my dad rebuilt the engine, and the head has been replaced (numbers dont match). But it is fully assempled and complete. Also, the previous owner had rerouted the exhaust, so the car now has side pipes.

Hopefully, with the advice and help of others, we can get this car running. I know it will be a long, tedious, time and $$ consuming project, But I am prepared. Thanks in advance to all and I look forward to sharing this resotration project with everyone. I hope to create a webiste and document as much as possible. I apologize if at times my descriptions, or jargon is not technically proper, as i am new to this "british thing".

- Steven in VA

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Steve: My Name is Russ & I`m writing from PA: I am a Father of 4 / 3 Boys and 1 Girl: One of the Boys; the youngest; Always Assisted Myelf with My Brit Cars; Then something happened & He Lost Interest? Well; Such as Yourself; He`s Back! He wants to Play with My Toys! Good Luck with Your Healey & Enjoy Your Time with DAD; Remember; You Only Have One DAD!!!!!!! Best Wishes for Everything; Russ - `66 TR4A-IRS

Country flag
Welcome! And good luck with your Healey.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Hello Steven, and welcome from another Virginian. I'm the resident TVR nut but also have quite an affinity for the big Healeys and my wife has always wanted a BJ8. (One of these days).
I've been playing with British cars for close to 35 years now which has included an MGB, 6 TVRs, two Jaguars (and soon to be my third), a Land Rover, etc.
Welcome to the forum!