• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Still more sad passing - TVR

D

Deleted member 3577

Outraged is all I should say!!!
tantrum.gif

Kirk_Fisher

Jedi Hopeful
Re: Still more sad passing - TVR *DELETED*

Post deleted by Steve

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
For those of us who have been following the TVR saga closely this year, it is yet another pot hole in the road for TVR. TVR has been here several times before in its storied past. What will happen this time is anyone's guess, particularly since Smolenski is not the best at keeping the public informed.
Being the eternal optimist where TVR is concerned, I am hopeful something will happen to turn things around, but I must admit, it looks rather bleak at the present. Only time will tell for sure.

Kirk_Fisher

Jedi Hopeful
This months Road & Track declares a return to the US in 2008, but the cars will be built in Romania or some place other than Blackpool. It will say TVR on the badge, but if it isn't made in Great Brtitain, it won't be a TVR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

You didn't think Smolenski was gonna let his own out-of-work-country-brethren stay that way did you? Most astute businessmen would do similar things to help their home country. In that aspect, I think he's genuis... in taking the jobs away from the place where TVR's have been made from inception... I think he's a

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
It will say TVR on the badge, but if it isn't made in Great Brtitain, it won't be a TVR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone note the time & date.

Henceforth FAKE TVRs may come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

Sure they're VW's but you have to speak Spanish to em.

Anyone want to learn Romanian so you can talk to your new TVR?

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
I'm with you on this one Marshall. Since we didn't have them here in the US anyway, it should be no different to the US faithful. It is more likely that whatever Smolenski comes up with will result in TVR's in the US and hopefully they will be worthy of the Marque.

G

You mean like "Vã rugaþi sã staþi care ruleazã."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirk_Fisher

Jedi Hopeful
I guess you guys will settle for a Jaguar made in China or a Triumph made in Paksistan?

I just keep thinking "Spies Like Us" You know... when Dan Akroyd notices the russian fake of a 1976 Timex Digital. hehheehehehehehehehehe.

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
[ QUOTE ]
I guess you guys will settle for a Jaguar made in China or a Triumph made in Paksistan?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that was not my intent. What I said was we don't have TVR in the US now, nor were there any plans for them to be here so it makes little difference to us.

Kirk_Fisher

Jedi Hopeful
I guess what I am saying is that there is a big difference IMHO betwen assembling a Jetta in Mexico and moving the whole VW operation there or selling VW to a Mexican billionaire. To me what makes a TVR a TVR, a Triumph a Triumph, or a Ferrari a Ferrari is the unique design, engineering and soul that is inherent to the people that build and breathe life into it. Italian, German, English, Japanese etc. engineering and design are all very very different because they are different people with different cultures. That is the soul of the car and TVR will never be the same if it becomes a Russian/Romanian comapny.

swift6

Yoda
One of those news reports did mention that the current TVR workforce probably wouldn't make it past the 90 day consulting period at the new plant.

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
TransylVanian Replica?

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif