• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GO beat the bushes!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ok guys, now that you have your very own TVR forum here, please be sure to contact all your TVR buddies and tell them to get themselves over here! The more the merrier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Basil

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I would if I knew any! I was aware of how rare these cars are, but I was surprised by the lack of response in the thread about listing what you have. Most of the replies were from guys that didn't even own a TVR. That's nothing against them, but where are the people who DO own TVRs? Being a novice with these cars, I NEED HELP!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Don't discount the replies from non-owners... there are folk here with decades of experience wrenching on LBC's, including TVR's. Jesse Bogan, myself, Jack Farrington... all made our livings at it. Pro'lly touched wrenches to more TVR's than most people owning them have ever even seen. And "mrtvr" has an encyclopedic knowledge of 'em. It's all good support.

And we're ALL beatin' th' bushes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that non-owners couldn't help me, but in re-reading it I guess I did. All I really meant was that I was surprised that there weren't more current owners on the forum. Again, sorry.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Bravenrace,
I might suggest that you join the TVR Car Club North America, a really solid group of TVR owners and enthusiasts who are willing to help a fellow owner anytime.
Send me your information at tvrccna@cox.net and I'll send you a club magazine and membership application.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ah ha! That measn you know other TVR folks! Get em over here!! We need more TVR folks here!

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I sent in my application a couple weeks ago, but have not heard anything back yet.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Jim, that wasn't a serious chastisement. You've nothing to be sorry for. Just a suggestion that there are TVR 'conversant' people here who will help even though they don't own a TVR. Since Basil JUST started a TVR forum, it'll need promo and support. That'll take a bit of time. Now that it is built, they will come. No worries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

...meanwhile you're stuck with the likes of US! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Jim,
Don't worry, you'll be getting a New Member packet and the next issue of the club magazine comes out in late January. I'm putting it together now.

Marshall

See, you've got one of the best TVR guy's in the country to talk with. Wow, I love this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Great job Basil!!!!

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks Marshall. Will I have to wait until then to use the "members only" section of the website?