• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Guy Here Saying Hello

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hi there,
I'm a long time car guy - gear head, but a total British car novice. Just two days ago I purchased a car that I have forever had an irrational passion for, a '74 TVR 2500M. I just wanted to introduce myself and say that if there are any other 2500M (or TR6 for that matter) people here, I will likely be asking a lot of questions in the near future, especially about Stromburg carbs and Lucas electrical systems.
-Jim

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome, Jim - there are some other TVR guys here...do you have a photo yet?

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome Tony. Here's some pictures. It's not running well, so I'll be asking a lot of questions while trying to determine what the cause is.
Thanks again,
Jim

124639.jpg

124637.jpg

124635.jpg

swift6

Yoda
Welcome Jim, The TVR guys tend to hang out in the the 'Other British Cars' Section as well as whatever section their TVR's drivetrain might be from. You'll find lots of help in the Triumph section. Glad to have you hear. 2500M's are a blast.

R6MGS

Yoda
Didn't realise just how similar those are too TR6's until I looked at that engine compartment shot!...Nice looking car, I bet it's a blast to drive. Nice collection too, got any pics of the others?

D

Deleted member 3577

Oh-yea....Another TVR guy.....Wonderful cars.

No sweat, the 2500M is considered mass produced by Brit.car standards.

You won't have much trouble sourcing M-specific parts.

Welcome to the "what is it" crowd.
(where you have to answer that question every time you park it)

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Nice collection too, got any pics of the others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll dig some up and post them. Most of them aren't all that nice. My stang has all original paint and is a nice driver. The '77 truck I'm in the process of restoring - nothing special, just a truck I've owned a long time and want to keep. The '78 is pretty much a work truck. The '90 civic is my daily driver and is in pretty nice condition. The '89 civic is my old autocross car and is now just sitting around occasionally donating parts to the '90. The TL is my wife's car, so of course it's realy nice! Probably the only one worth posting pictures of is the Mustang, and I'll try to do that later today.
Thanks,
Jim

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the "what is it" crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's not running right, I've only had this car out on the road one time. No license plate, no title, and it dies about an 1/8 mile from my house. I guess I was overly excited to drive it, since I didn't take a phone, my wallet, or even a coat or tools! I'm not there more than a minute or two and a police car pulls up. First thing our of his mouth was "What's that?". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif
That's part of what I like about this car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I get the same ??. Guess the SP's would be considered mass produced too, using WTN's standard. Good luck with finding and curing the troubles. The group here at BCF has THE best brains to pick.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome "in from the cold"!

The 2500M is IMO (In My Opinion) the LAST of the really neat TVR's. You're in good company here. Check in with the 'rumphy crowd, but don't neglect to show up in the "Other British Cars" forum too!!

From the looks of the pix your car was well cared for over most of the years it's been around. Congrats. Once it's sorted you'll likely find it waay too much fun:

The police ~could~ be on a first-name basis with you quickly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EDIT: Just a curiosity... what part of Ohio you in?

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome "in from the cold"!

EDIT: Just a curiosity... what part of Ohio you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in northeast Ohio, Tallmadge specifically. It's an eastern suburb of Akron.

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks, and yes, you will!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
There are a couple of the BCF members in the area. Bit north of you.

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
There are a couple of the BCF members in the area. Bit north of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not too far north...That would be lake Erie!