• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

No guts

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yesterday a decent Elan coupe went out the door on Ebay for under 4K. Looked complete and shell in good shape. Needed paint badly but the interior looked OK and the owner claimed it ran. In addition, it was only about 75 miles away. Had my finger on the bid button but common sense won out. (I have a 100/6 half way through a rebuild). Owned a '74 roadster a number of years ago and would have liked to try a coupe. Maybe next time! Bob

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Had my finger on the bid button but common sense won out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely not.... If I had any common sense I wouldn't be trying to rebuild a Healey or even look at buying a Lotus... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

But here I am with one, and a nice little Lotus engine project too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
Looks like a fair price. Maybe the buyer got a deal - it's hard to tell. The car is a +2, not an Elan Coupe. A big issue with these cars is the frame condition and I didn't see any mention of that in the description or photos.