• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MK11TRICARB

Freshman Member
HI GUYS
IM FROM ENGLAND AND IM OLD! WHEN I FIRST STARTED IN THE MOTOR INDUSTRY THE COMPANY I WORKED FOR WAS ROUTES GROUP AND AUSTIN /MORRIS DEALERS.BRITISH LEYLAND CAME ALONG AND THEN CHRYSLER.CHRYSLER THEN TURNED INTO PEUGEOT.PEUGEOT THEN SAID NO MULTI FRANCHISING SO BL GOT DUMPED.WE ARE STILL PEUGEOT TO THIS DAY ! SO I HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN I CAN REMEMBER IMPS, MINIS,1100S,1300S,MGS,MARINAS,MORRIS 1000S,AVENGERS(CRICKETS)HUNTERS,ALPINES,TIGERS,SIMCAS,180S 2 LITRES,MATRAS,HEALEYS,MIDGETS,MGBS,RANCHOS,BAGERAHS,HILLMAN MINXS,COMMER VANS,GOSH WHAT A LOAD OF OLD....HISTORY. HOW SAD AM I??? IF I CAN HELP ANY ONE I WILL ,I HAVE BEEN MADE VERY WELCOLME ALREADY SO MANY THANKS
REGARDS PAUL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome - any thoughts of writing a book?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!
My dear old Dad worked for Rootes very briefly in the 50s.

What is funny now is that the separation of BL and Peugeot has come full-circle: The new '07 MINI will come with a Peugeot engine.

OP
M

MK11TRICARB

Freshman Member
YES NEW MINI ENGINE IS THE HPI TURBO (MORE TORQUE THAN A DIESEL),IT WILL BE FOLLOWED SHORTLY BY THE TWIN TURBO !
REGARDS PAUL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif