• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well it is Sat.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So I want all to know I did something special today...... I painted the drivers side hood hinge black. I never could get that sucker off the car but it moves just fine so I left it there durring the painting process and it was white as could be.

Now you know it is supose to be black and the passanger side was black, both are now black.

Tony says I have 33 pounds of parts at his place to be shipped today not including four brake drums and brake shoes that are on their way from Calif.

Now that's a lot of parts, wonder how long it will take me to install them. Sigh, Christmas is on the way so expendable income will be a bit short for car parts till afterwards I bet.

Anyway, this should let me put the wheels on the ground and let me have a roller. Wheeeee, I will even be able to get the engine back in. Still need dash stuff to fire it. Or do I, must think on that. I have an ign switch and an oil and oil pressure and water temp gage. You know I bet I can fire it before too awful long maybe.

I will be able to get my truck back in the garage. Hate for my vehicles to set outside and get wet on them, I keep them so long that they need to be kept dry to look their best.

Any how, cheers guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Moving right along there Jack. Didn't know the bonnet hinges were supposed to be black. Learn something new every day I guess.

My big accomplishment for the weekend was to hit a Harbor Freight sale and pick up a set of skates for the Tunebug, so I can roll it around the garage. That, and prep up a few parts to go out to fellow BCFers. The Midget is starting its mission to be spread around the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well I can understand the skates if you are going to store for the winter but down here winter is only about a month long and we even have good days there. Soooooo, think I will pass on them, they will be more bother at this point than not.

No new pics, nothing to see, been a bit stagnet for the past week although I did post a pic of the rear end and such finished without brakes or axles installed. Should be more over the next week or so.

I am down to two lists for Tony, Interior and Misc. about 2K there and another 1K for chromeing, tires, batt., and such so I can see the end at this point even if it will take awile.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Took the box to FEDEX today but it won't leave until Monday - look for it mid-week, Jack...& by then the other stuff should also be on way to you

Moss has a sale going on right now so I do also.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh, what kind of a sale? I'm out of funds for now, sigh.

fordtrucks4ever

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, Christmas is on the way so expendable income will be a bit short for car parts till afterwards I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the easy way out of this problem is to include everyone on the Christmas list in helping out finishing the car. You give new parts needed to finish car as presents. Since Christmas is the time of giving, then they can give you back the presents and you give them your time to finish car so all of you can ride in when done.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Haven't looked at it yet...they just sent me a whole list of #'s