• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

new kid

mgNOT

Country flag
Hello to all, I have a '73 TR6, and so many people keep asking about my "MG" that I have started the mg NOT name. I may even go with it for a license palte if the poor car ever sees the light of day again. I'm located near Des Moines, Iowa and hope winter just went by here without stopping!
-Dennis

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
Greetings & welcome to the forum. I think people have called every sporty car I've ever owned an "MG" on occasion.

Re your license plate idea - I fellow in the building where I worked years ago had an MGC with a plate of "NOTAB". Similar concept.

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome - I just picked up my 6 this morning....It's definatly not an MG.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welocme - I owned a TR6 once - for a day...drove it 150 or so miles home & knew if I kept it I'd kill myself it was so fast (compared to MG's)!

swift6

Yoda
SO! Now we find out the root of Tony's MG fanatacism! Self preservation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

I guess I like to live dangerously with my TR's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the forum Dennis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, bought it in the morninig, drove it home at high rates of speed, sold it in the afternoon! Bought an MGA with an 1800 engine....

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Welocme - I owned a TR6 once - for a day...drove it 150 or so miles home & knew if I kept it I'd kill myself it was so fast (compared to MG's)!

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from someone who has a V8 MGB? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif