• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rainy Race Weekend

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Oh well....our club had a good day at Lime Rock for the Time Trial event on Friday (but I couldn't make it due to work).
I got out to LRP on Friday night and camped out in the paddock. Only about 5 or 6 other people there, so I had the place almost to myself.
Saturday morning, it was pouring and windy. And it pretty much stayed that way all day.
I never even took the Spridget off the trailer (and Pete kept his Spridget on the trailer too).
Next year I'll have a car with a tin-top and wipers, so I'll be able to go out and have some fun on these rainy days. All told, we had only about 16 or so brave souls who went out and raced (and Kudos to our flaggers for staying out in that mess too!).
So I guess my car is all ready for Summit Point (in 3 weeks). I may not even take it off the trailer.
Anyway, here's some Lime Rock pictures (if the link does not open, it may be due to "limited bandwidth"....just try again later).

https://liverpoolmotorclub.tripod.com/EMRA_Race_Oct_06

mccabe-lr06-porsche911-pit.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gotta give the corner guys credit! That weather looks AWFUL!!!

...and suggest to the truck driver he could use better bait on that line. 924's ain't good eatin'. He shoulda been after th' twenty-oh-twos.

ChrisS

Jedi Knight
Friday was nice. I had to de-ice the windshield with a propane torch to make the drive over to tech but it warmed up nicely soon after. A wrecked Camaro in our run group made me miss the first round but I snuck out with a different run group and spun with cold tires. All good for the rest of the day though. While loading up my car I saw them tow in a wrecked STI - Totaled the car, front suspension hanging by the brake lines type if damage. I don’t know how he got it home since he drove it there from Long Island.

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, Doc...the flaggers were "the bomb" on Saturday. The 924 had 'lectrical gremlinz. Mike B's second gen RX7 won the one-hour overall. Followed by an open Sports Renault and Craftsman Truck.
One of the other Craftsman Trucks had such problems seeing through the windshield that we black-flagged him and told him to speed up or give up. His headers were somehow steaming up the inside of the windshield. We found out (later) that his crew gave him a stick with a towel duct-taped to it (to clean off the windshield), but it blew out his side window and onto the track towards the end.

Chris: When I showed up on Friday evening, the gatekeeper was waiting for a AAA flatbed, maybe for the STI. I watched a brand new STI roll onto it's side and break off a rear wheel at Pocono. And I'm pretty sure it was a leased car. Someone destroyed a new GT40 at one of our other Pocono events this year. Not really a great idea to bring your street car to one of these things unless you're very, very cautious (or rich). I saw a fairly wrecked blue 'Vette that was waiting to be towed back to NY too.
Glad things worked out for you on Friday....I should have played hookey!

D

Deleted member 3577

My brother & I were at Nelson Ledges last weekend for the "Great Pumpkin Affair"

It was awful on Saturday.......
I was going around oak tree (corner # 4) and got blasted in the face w/ wet sleet.
Put my visor down and the visor fogged up
lifted the visor and my glasses fogged.
Got them wiped off & the windscreen fogged.
Looked around to see if anyone was gonna run into me, then I loosened my belts & wiped the inside of the windshield really quick-like with the back of my glove. (every lap)

The cold wind bent our shelter all to......
Got the tow vehicle stuck once & the Pinto twice.
(one time I missed a couple minutes of practice). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

One of our friends said he ran to the porta-potty after his session and was shivering so badly that he pee-ed on himself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I can only remember worse days in the Army......That's BAD!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
GAH! I remember a number of those "Pumpkin" weekends at th Ledges. B.C.(Before "Conveniences") too. YUK! Infield was always a pig-wallow. Sounds as if that hasn't changed.