• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Up early

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dog goes to the beauty shop this morning.

Any way, yesterday about got the Hyd lines complete. Cut gaskets for the peddel box and blanking plate. Sent a shock off to Peter and installed a few odds and ends.

Oh yea droped the Radius Arms at the machine shop, no way I could get the outer shells out, he is going to cut them in half first and install the new ones. That operation will complete the rear suspension.

Must be 45 degrees out in my garage. Too darn cold to work out there. Maybe will warm up later.

My pile of nice clean parts is much much smaller at this point, maybe by half. Before long I will be able to get the truck in the garage along with wifes car and Miss Agatha as well.

Gesh, put my vin plate some place safe the other day in the garage and can't find it to save my sole now. Dumb. Should have put the darn thing in the safe. Oh well it will turn up.

I am resting puting my temp steering wheel in place. That would tempt me to set in Miss Agatha and make Vrooom sounds.

You know this cold weather makes me think of the poor excuse for a heater we have. Now what is needed I should think is an upgraded blower moter, really push some air through there.

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
jack, did you put new hyd lines in or use the old ones? sounds like you have the same problem i have with loosing parts. i'm sure after this project is done i will find all those pieces i gave up looking for. probably all in one box in a dark corner.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Used the old lines. Cleaned em up real well though. If I decide to change out later no big deal. Was a way to put off spending a couple of hundred.

John Kuzman

Jedi Trainee
[ QUOTE ]
Must be 45 degrees out in my garage. Too darn cold to work out there. Maybe will warm up later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think our high temp. for today will hit that number! Last year I remember driving one of the cars to the office with the top still down in October and November.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Know what you mean about losing stuff Jack, rebuilt my clutch master and slave cyls, put the master cyl in and bolted it up looked for the slave and it had disappeared, searched my workshop in the basement twice, around my computer desk, the shed where the car is twice and nothing so started to work on my lawn tractor and then went back to the car about an hour later and there it was sitting on the radiator shroud. I am sure the leprechauns took it just to make me think i am going nuts. LOL

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I am sure the leprechauns took it just to make me think i am going nuts. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif happens all the time here.

Jack, keep up the good work.

Patrick

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Uh-huh. Last week while doing an exhaust manifold R&R on a friend's car I "lost" my 9/16" 3/8 socket on a shortie extension... just had it... "Where'd THAT go?!?!" checked all the usual spots, checked back inna box THREE TIMES (hoping the leprichans had put it away, I guess), patted my pockets (I NEVER pocket tools, BTW), spent half an hour chasin' me tail then just "got on with the job."

... after all was finished and the car gone, I went for my car keys in my right pants-pocket... yup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I am resting puting my temp steering wheel in place. That would tempt me to set in Miss Agatha and make Vrooom sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with that, Jack. I do that still. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
i put my steering wheel on 2 weeks ago. no seats yet but that's only because i convinced myself to save that little pleasure for later on. I was real tempted though.

ChrisS

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Uh-huh. Last week while doing an exhaust manifold R&R on a friend's car I "lost" my 9/16" 3/8 socket on a shortie extension... just had it... "Where'd THAT go?!?!" checked all the usual spots, checked back inna box THREE TIMES (hoping the leprichans had put it away, I guess), patted my pockets (I NEVER pocket tools, BTW), spent half an hour chasin' me tail then just "got on with the job."

... after all was finished and the car gone, I went for my car keys in my right pants-pocket... yup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Doc, once I "lost" a 7/16" wrench for a half hour. Couldn't find it anywhere. It was in my left hand the whole time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
come to think of it I can't (locate) a 1/4" drive extension 8 inches long that I had at the same time. It's not lost it't just put itself away somewhere for safe keeping (prob in case I lost it)

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
I have an 80 lb. lab (Hershey) that spends time in the garage with me and gets blamed for lost things.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'm going to courthouse tomorrow for the car I just sold to Canada & yours.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whoot, good deal.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I have an 80 lb. lab (Hershey) that spends time in the garage with me and gets blamed for lost things.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it. I need a dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]

That's it. I need a dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy a 1500 Spitfire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif
(Cover me, Doc!!)
Jeff

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
*SNORK!* Pop smoke! Run faster!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Onna GPU....keyboard's wearin' "protection"... I've ~learned~ about YOU, Jeffypoo... I've learned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif