• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member 1960 TR3

JSpears

Hello,

I wanted to join because I have many questions about my TR3. I purchase it almost a year ago and I really enjoy driving it. I do not have a manual for it. If you can answer a few questions, I would appreciate it.

1) How do you turn on the heating system? Will I have to add more fluid to the radiator?

2) How do I winterize this car? It will be in a heated garage. Should I run it every month?

3) I have a brake fluid leak, and I almost ran it dry. Now the front wheels stick a little. Do I need to bleed the brakes, or are these unrelated?

Thanks all

Looking forward to hear response,

Jim

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome - go over to the Triumph Forum & before you know it, your questions will be answered.

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome- If memory serves right your TR3 should have disc brakes up front? If so your calipers might be stickin a little, doesn't sound like it's related to running the fluid low? Do the brakes have good pressure now?

OP
J

JSpears

Presure is good. When I stop at a light, or stop sign, the car won't roll. Ocasioanlly I can can hear metal scaping metal.

Thanks,

Jim