• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Photo Thru my Windsheild

TR674

Jedi Warrior
On the drive to work I stopped to take a photo of the Indian Ocean, a beautiful morning.
Feel free to add your photo to this post.
Regards
Craig

Attachments

• 264173-PA100001.JPG
    264173-PA100001.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 803

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Highway Star! Fantastic!

Here's one taken through Greenie's windscreen on the way home after buying him:

Homeward2.JPG

T

Tinster

Hey Craig!!

I think you are spoofing us !

Clearly, that photo was taken along the
ocean front in Old City San Juan, Puerto Rico.

D

T

Tinster

View from the cockpit of the Crypt Car.

That damned red metal wall is always obstructing
my view!!

Attachments

• 264259-windshield.jpg
    264259-windshield.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 349

swift6

Yoda
Hard to see but this guy is actually waving me past after he unsuccesfully tried to lose me in some corners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

P9300024.jpg

swift6

Yoda
Upper Poudre Canyon, Hwy 14, approaching Cameron Pass. (10,276 feet)

Just the other side of the pass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
P9300027.jpg

71tr

Jedi Warrior
Sorry but a photo thru my windshield will be nothing more than the garage floor. However, I do think it just too cool that our poster was shooting a picture of the INDIAN Ocean....NICE!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
My TR2 is still in pieces so I rode shotgun in my friends replica Cobra during the Watkins vintage festival. Here's a short video

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Route 8 south bound at 60 mph around exit 24N. Since I seem to ride alone most of the time windshield shots are becoming my favorite because I don't have to stop. I'm just wondering what I'm gonna hit while doing it. The Indian Ocean is a way cool site to see as were the sheep in the other thread, I agree Tinster the red wall is blocking the view! Get that six closed up and going! I thought you needed oxygen above 10,000 feet how do you keep the car running? Kodanja, I like the video way to high tech for me right now but maybe the twelve year old will come with me and use his digital video camera. That was great!

Attachments

• 264415-rte8Drive.jpg
    264415-rte8Drive.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 482

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Glad you enjoyed the video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif
Were planning a nice ride into Litchfield this coming weekend for the fall foliage.

Ill make sure I bring my camara and camcorder with me..

hopefully my wife will have a steadier hand... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you needed oxygen above 10,000 feet how do you keep the car running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the gas flowing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just a small drop in power.

Actually, high altitude driving is very common for me here in Colorado. I live at 5,013 feet and generally go up in altitude to play. Crossing over Rocky Mountain National Park you stay on the highest paved continous road in the world, over 12,000 feet. We also have the highest non-continuous paved road as well. To the Mt. Evans summit parking lot. Over 14,000 feet. Car companies like to do high altitude testing on those roads and along I-70 near Eisenhower tunnel. Never know what your going to see up there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Heres another 'on topic' photo...
P9300025.jpg

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
No mistaking that Colorado blue sky! I'm surprised you can maintain enough power to climb to 12,000 with carbs. And that you can personally keep from fainting from Oxy depravation. Not for the faint of heart...or smokers.

swift6

Yoda
Carbs do fine at these altitudes. Especially SU's or ZS's, the DGV on my Cortina does alright too. DCOE's though, well they don't exactly like drastic altitude changes. Carbed engines do produce less power at altitude but so do Fuel Injected engines. The only true equalizer for altitude is forced induction. Which is why turbocharged front/all wheel drive cars are so popular in Colorado, that or Trucks/SUV of which still only about 25 percent see off road duty.

As far as personal oxygen use... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Once your used to it, it's not that big of a deal. It's also easier living at 5,000 feet and going to 10,000 feet than living at sea level and going to 10,000 feet. Though when I travel to sea level I feel more energetic etc... with the boost in oxygen. Which is why the US Olympic Training Center is in Colorado Springs. High altitude training and all that. Another thing to remember if you travel to Colorado (or any other place with higher altitudes) is to drink plenty of water. With higher altitudes also comes less humidity and with every exhale you expel some of your own. A large factor of altitude sickness is dehydration. Of course there are different ways to stay hydrated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Those mountain shots and the Indian Ocean picture from Oz are excellent!

Here's some shots through my windshield.

Racing an ALFA 164 at Shannonville, Ontario.
alfa.jpg

Racing a Mk 2 Cortina and an X1/9.
cortina_beaverun.jpg

A Ferrari Testarossa as seen from my tow van on Rt 81 North, on the way back from the race at Summit Point, WV two weeks ago. If you look carefully in my rear view mirror, you'll see that he was being folowed by a Ferrari 355.
IMGP7.jpg

OP
TR674

TR674

Jedi Warrior
Dale
print my photo on an AO sheet and tape it to the inside of your bonnet. You could sit in your driver's seat and dream all day long you were here on our beautiful west coast.....(lol).
Regards
Craig

Tomster

Jedi Knight
aeronca65t Those **** Ferraris are like flies to honey when they detect some fine LBC's about.
I wonder if you can also mount a rear view camera so that we can see all the vehicles that you pass when racing. Or are we to assume that you were about to lap the alfa and cortina during inside lane passing.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cowboy.gif

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That's some mighty fine drivin' while picture taking there! I have enough trouble just turning the camera on and getting a pic while driving and hopefully not hitting anything on a deserted road.