• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Need some Photoshop help please

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I want to try to downplay the brightness of our license plate in this picture I took of the B, but have spent too long trying to do it with Photoshop, and have had no success.
DSCN3611.jpg

Could someone direct me or better yet, could I send the picture and an expert could fix it up for me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I want to enlarge it and frame it when done.

Thanks

Paul

R6MGS

Yoda
Nice pic....Sorry I am useless with photoshop.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
do you just want to get rid of the glare?
I tried it in photoshop and picture it and cannot do( not that I am an expert by a long shot) The glare actually goes up the bumper and onto the bonnet trim. Why don't you take another pic without the plate on or without the flash and lighting from another source

R6MGS

Yoda
Dang front plates....

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That's closer Basil.
I would really like to get rid of the plate totaly. Maybe, as suggested, I will take the plate off and try for something close again.
Doubt it though.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
That's closer Basil.
I would really like to get rid of the plate totaly. Maybe, as suggested, I will take the plate off and try for something close again.
Doubt it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this?

DSCN3611c.jpg

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Basil, ya wanna do a little photoshopping for me? A few wrinkles, some crow's feet, laugh lines...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend might be able to cover the license plate with something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jeez, I just realized how bad that sounds...

What I meant was, she could probably put an octagon logo plate over top of it. She's a Photoshop whiz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I'm not sure if that picture will print well though... Especially if it's off a non-SLR camera

It may look good on a screen, but to print it is a whole different story, what size of print were you looking for? I think you'll be lucky to get a 5x7 print out of that

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend might be able to cover the license plate with something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jeez, I just realized how bad that sounds...

What i meant was, she could probably put an octagon logo plate over top of it. She's a Photoshop whiz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I knew what you meant. My mind doesn't work like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The octagon logo would be perfect. Thanks if you can help.

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if that picture will print well though... Especially if it's off a non-SLR camera

It may look good on a screen, but to print it is a whole different story, what size of print were you looking for? I think you'll be lucky to get a 5x7 print out of that

[/ QUOTE ]

5 X 7 is what I was looking for.

R6MGS

Yoda
Wow, Basil...Thats good stuff!

Steve_S

Yoda
Best I can do without making my brain explode. Click HERE for a higher quality version.

Also improved color and contrast, and took out some video noise.

DSCN3611b.jpg

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Excellent stuff Basil, Do you give lessons? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif