• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

sightings

this past sunday was the second annual new england region's "festa di ferrari" presented at "the stamford ct. italian center" held for the benefit of the "make a wish foundation",dozens of both old and new cars wonderfully assembled at a terrific venue, great park like setting, childrens play ground, one indoor swimming pool, one outdoor pool,totaly remodeled meeting center capable of hosting up to 600 people,parking lot for 200 300 cars, they do weddings, corp. fungtions etc, huge tents for venders,a true family outing experience, many other cars showed up cobras vintage b.m.ws,triumphs, m.g.as, gt-40s on and on, would make a perfect lbc gathering location,and one vintage alfa romeo 8c2300 once driven by such greats astazio nuvolari,luigi chinetti,raymond sommers and nuvilari drivers won the lemams race with this car in 1933. see attch. sorry i was so excited to go i forgot my camera so the attch .is a picture from the catalog. yesterday monday 26th, i had a white austin healey bj8 go by me as the driver blew thier horn and waved franticaly as they passed, so i made a u turn and followed the car to its place of residence about a half mile from my own house, feeling a bit like a stalker i introduced myself to the lady behind the wheel,turns out that she had owned a brg bj8 that id seen around for the past 3 years but not latley, she explained she had totaled it while in a turn and a kid in an on coming pick up truck missjudged something and hit here head on,and that her husband had just bought her this white one,her car didnt look bad at a distance but from her complaints about it and a quick walk around showed a left front break caliper that wouldnt release, carbs completely out of adjustment and the timing so far off i dont know how it ran at all, i advised her to no longer drive the car until these issues were addressed a bab in the woods so to speak, and her husband must be oblivious to anything mechanical for allowing her to do so. she asked if id do the work for her but i politly declined sighting a lack of time as my reason, i could see it unfolding as we talked that shed be making the half mile drive from her house to mine to "oh tony please i want to be able to drive it this weekend could you just repair this or fix that or change the other thing for me" etc. etc at a most inconvenient time.and that would be when id be doing all that stuff for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Attachments

• 259156-MVC-009S.JPG
    259156-MVC-009S.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 62

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
There are some great cars up in your area. I'll never forget driving over the Tappan Zee Bridge about fifteen years ago and looking over to see a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing just motoring by me in the middle of a weekday.

OP
A
sammyb, funny you should mention the tappan zee bridge thats where i bought my healey in tappan n.j. and took it over the bridge to get it home, and yes your right as far as having a vast number of cool cars of all types in this area we are spoiled, last monday while passing a local burger king i noticed some hot rods in the parking lot so i pulled in, as i did so two guys lifted the yellow police line tape and invited me and the healey into a display parking spot i was the only lbc there great group of guys and those hot rods are nicer then anything ive ever seen in any magazine the wormanship is incredable, the paint jobs well id realy like to watch how thats done,they all seemed to have just the right amount of chrome not overdone if ya know what i mean.ya we are spoiled here. i dont mind much though/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...i could see it unfolding as we talked that shed be making the half mile drive from her house to mine to "oh tony please i want to be able to drive it this weekend could you just repair this or fix that or change the other thing for me" etc. etc at a most inconvenient time.and that would be when id be doing all that stuff for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a typical Saturday morning here at th' hovel. Some times I think need a "Service Writer"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
A
doc,then ya knows whad i means! heres a this afternoon sighting - took the four healey wheels and tires to queens n.y today (the ones that came with my car) to sell, when i got there the purchaser had an mg, "nice mgb" i said ,well thanks but its not an mgb its an "m.g.c." what the heck is an "mgc" was my immediate responce,six cyl- with overdrive on the columb,and it had a chrome band across the front of the hood that id never seen on an mgb, it was fully restored and he invited me for a ride across town to his body shop to have some new paint rubbed out, drives real nice very spunky engine,quick and schmoood too, never knew they made such a thing,must be rare, he told me it was spoze to be the healey mk-4 but didnt look enough like a healey so they called it an "mgc" anyone know anything else about this thing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I want a CGT with an auto transmission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveL

Jedi Trainee
You could get the B with an auto,
a BW35 IIRC, but they don't drive
like a stick B, they kinda ooze...

SteveL

I prefer my B with it's 4 speed (but wouldn't mind an overdrive for short stints on the interstate), but in a C - with it's extra power, the auto seems like it should be there.

swift6

Yoda
Their are MGC Roadsters and Coupes (GT's).

This page will help explain a lot.MGC Info

Unfortunately for the MGC, the press at the time referred to it as a 'tarted up MGB'.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
A
swift6, thanks that helped, i still loved the feel and performance of this car, it only had about 30,000 original miles on it, we got up to about 70 mph and it felt stable and had much more left under its belt, ill reserve automatic trans. for my work trucks (kenny)if you please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifthanks again, a7777.