• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello World!

neverman

Freshman Member
Hi, all. I enjoy working on cars of all kinds and I'm helping a friend with a Triumph TR8. I think he hopes I'll want to but it from him once we get it running. who knows, maybe I will.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Oh, yeah - British V8..hoo hoo hoo

OP
N

neverman

Freshman Member
Yes, though I'm more of a sys admin than a programmer.

Your profile says you're a rusticator(?) Can you educate me on what that means?

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, though I'm more of a sys admin than a programmer.

Your profile says you're a rusticator(?) Can you educate me on what that means?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok. Sys admins are people too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'd forgotten that was there. It's an old word once used heavily about people who lived in rural wooded areas like the Adirondacks and often served as guides and did menial labor for the summer folks. I also liked the "rust" part because it seemed ot apply to most of the cars I own. I just looked it up to make sure it still meant what I thought.

Verb
1. rusticate - live in the country and lead a rustic life domicile, domiciliate, inhabit, live, populate, reside, shack, people, dwell - make one's home or live in; "She resides officially in Iceland"; "I live in a 200-year old house"; "These people inhabited all the islands that are now deserted"; "The plains are sparsely populated"
2. rusticate - send to the country; "He was rusticated for his bad bahavior" banish, ban - ban from a place of residence, as for punishment
3. rusticate - suspend temporarily from college or university, in England send down debar, suspend - bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
4. rusticate - as of stone, to give it a rustic look
rebate - cut a rebate in (timber or stone)
5. rusticate - lend a rustic character to; "rusticate the house in the country" alter, change, modify - cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"

Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you have good luck restoring the TR8.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Neverman. My TR8 is nearing completion of its redo. Hope to get the transmission in this week, hook up a few wires, finish the dash, and then get its feet wet. Attached is a shot I took last week of the engine in place.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Mickey

Attachments

• 258637-TR8Engine004.JPG
    258637-TR8Engine004.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 35