• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1958 Berkeley B95

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Asl Tim Studdard at "Classic Motorsports" - he has several.

&, welcome.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
How much are they asking?

I'd email Tim...he's a regular guy & will answer you.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone have an Idea what a 58 B95 3cyl Berkeley is worth

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a 3 cylinder car, then it's an SE492. These used a 3 cylinder version of the Excelsior Talisman 2 stroke and 666 were built. There are about 300 Berkeleys of all models probably remaining in the US.

The B95 isn't a 3 cylinder, it's a 2 cylinder Royal Enfield (4 cycle) powered car. SE492's were sometimes referred to as a“B90”.

Prices naturally are based on condition. An original 3 cylinder engine has value on its own. A poor SE492 is probably worth about $600, a decent one complete or mostly complete is probably in the $1500-$2500 range. A running car that can be driven would go for $2500+.

I have some Berkeley info at www.coldplugs.com/berksecindex.htm

Berks are great fun (I have a couple) but are unlike most common LBC's – make sure you can get into it before you buy it. Even more important, make sure you can get out! They're tiny.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
A Berkeley actually showed up at the Moss Fallfest this year. Any of you guys? I have a soft spot for them as I remember from my youth in the UK. Would love to have one but can you immagine driving on these roads. Its bad enough in my "B" but its a good bit bigger than the Berk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
A Berkeley actually showed up at the Moss Fallfest this year. Any of you guys? I have a soft spot for them as I remember from my youth in the UK. Would love to have one but can you immagine driving on these roads. Its bad enough in my "B" but its a good bit bigger than the Berk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the owner of the car that was at the Moss show & I don't think he's a member here. He did a super job on that restoration.

I can't imagine driving a Berkeley on busy roads. Our roads here are pretty lightly travelled and I wouldn't even try more than a few miles in a Berk. I drove an Elan quite a bit and even that was simply too small for comfort but at least it was quick enough to squirt out of the way when necessary.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised that there are so many around still as there cannot be very durable although I guess you can still get parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very high percentage of these cars are really either parts cars or in need of serious restoration. You're right - they aren't that durable.

Some parts are available from the BEC in England, and some from Kip in Texas. Apart from that it's mostly eBay and the owners swapping amongst themselves. Engine parts are hard to get and engine swaps to modern motorcycle engines are popular.

Pretty little cars, though....