• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

new member with a problem

Hiawathi33

Freshman Member
Hi everyone...I hope someone can help me.
I have a 1976 MG Midget without a Title or Registration. I am unable to get any info on this car, don't know who the previous owners are. Can anyone help? GAN6UG187285G is the only thing I have to go by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Country flag
Have you checked with your State about what they require to register a vehicle? I can't claim any expertise, but it seems each state has its own regulations and you should see what applies in your own, or in the state where the car originated if not your own....

I hope you have a bill of sale at least. If you've no paperwork I suspect your life will become very interesting in resolving this problem.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Your state's DMV should be able to help you with a "title search". When I had to register a 1950 Daimler, there were some problems with the Title (the son of the deceased owner had signed the title as executor of the estate). Anyway, I had to have the state police do a title search to ensure that the car was not stolen. If I were you I'd call my local DMV as a starting point.

Basil

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
I have a friend who bought a model a to restore and didn't get a title,bill of sale or receipt, and when he went to dmv to register it he wrote up a receipt and just put an unreadable signature on it(made up) and had no problems

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who bought a model a to restore and didn't get a title,bill of sale or receipt, and when he went to dmv to register it he wrote up a receipt and just put an unreadable signature on it(made up) and had no problems

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Only in Ontario /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You could always buy a VIN & title from somebody's parts car & redo yours.