• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone else attending Calgary Brit Show?[Sept. 16]

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I didn't get it into the events calendar (did anyone else?), but do plan on attending the British/European show hosted by our local sports car club... https://www.vsccc.ca ... on the 16th

And I do know there aren't a whole bunch of us Calgarians on BCF here. This year is a salute to Italian cars, and from talking to a local collector it sounds like there will be some interesting stuff on display...

I just hope it's not like last year's rain out! It's our only British show of the year here in Calgary...

42091769_0278d1a427.jpg

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Re: Anyone else attending Calgary Brit Show?[Sept.

OK... This is a joke... Really...

The long term forecast (seen on the news tonight) calls for weather very similar to the photo of last year's show... Aargh! Is this show forever jinxed! Just hoping the forecasters are wrong on this one

R6MGS

Yoda

Forcaster are usually wrong when its that far ahead....I've heard that the weather predictions are far from accurate in the Calgary area for whatever reason. The show here is the 17th, hoping for good weather as well....But it never rains on British car day(actually since 1976 I only remember having one rainy show).

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

You mean it rains in Canada too?

- Doug

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

@R6MGS

There was the one year (2003?) where the car show field at Bronte was half empty due to the threat of rain, I didn't mind in one way because I was able to get some photos I normally wouldn't get...

R6MGS

Yoda

I think I remember that...I didn't rain until the way home....Think I've got a pic somewhere of the MGA line up with a completely black sky behind them....Another year(late 90's) it rained in the morning and the show was about hlaf the size, the feild was all mud and some cars got stuck(I recall a black Healey being pushed out).

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Sherlock
Any planed event in Calgary is always threatened by Rain!
Aug 19-20 1988 4 in of Rain! Our Wedding Day! Rained until we walked out of the Church! Then Bright Sunshine! Priceless! Wish we were there!

Paul

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

Finally...

Last weekend the grass was too wet for the show (according to city parks staff), and it would have been really too cold anyway

But they were able to re-schedule for this weekend, and it's all a go and it's supposed to be an excellent day for it, the weather is clearing up very nicely, the first real British/European show here in two years! After last years rainout (see photos above in photostream)

Anyway I'm rather happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif