• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wow this is bad!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Been sitting outside - & right before the auction they burned the little sucker!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Somebody call "Pimp My Ride" show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm not sure it's worth the $1 just to pick it up and haul to the scrap steel merchants. Looks like they had to burn the weeds down to get to it.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Oh yee of little faith. A little bondo here, some wielding there, slap on a coat of paint and you still have a pile of junk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Yikes! I think tose cars we were identifying that they dragged out of the park were in better shape.
I have to give him credit for trying to give it one last chance.

R6MGS

Yoda
Sad, really.....once was a lovely car....

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
"...This has been sitting outside a number of years..."

Ah gee. And here I thought it had been garaged in a climate-controlled environment.

What makes someone, anyone, let a car get to that state?

Makes me sick.

Steve_S

Yoda
Well, at least he's trying to give it a home before hauling it off for scrap. But honestly I can't see one piece of metal worth using.

It's possible the frame is still OK since they were built to withstand a nuclear assault.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Unfortunately far too many cars end up like this. I bet they have had many offers over the years but for some reason, (ie, it's worth alot of money and you are trying to steal it), or you try to buy it for 5 years and then one day it's gone and you find out they gave it away for a cow or something. Wayne

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Truly becoming one with the earth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Mickey

Country flag
At least they have a sense of humor:

"use it as a planter!"

A degree of honest not typically encountered with e-bay vendors of rare cars often said to be "in need of some attention":

"What you see in the pictures is what you get - don't expect much."

And finish with a bit of irony, what could be more British?

“...is not operational or street legal." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A backhoe and put it in with the dead cow.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Somebody talk me out of it, it's not too far from me and I can't bear to see '0 bids', it's a 52 TC!!. Somebody tell me that it's not a good idea...
yes dear, coming dear, no I'm not looking at that frame and thinking I can rebuild it. It's really sad.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It was a 52 TC, now it is junk.