• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Guess that chassis... round four!

swift6

Yoda
Okay, now people are sending me pics to post for them. That's cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

So here is another one.

tra20000001.jpg

and a little helper photo...
tra20000002.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Triumph 1800?

R6MGS

Yoda
Pre War MG saloon?

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Auggg.. that's the Standard Vanguard motor. same as was in TR2-3-4, but the chassis is definatly not TR...
Am I being stupid.. Is it a Standard Vanguard?
this is fun

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Looks like a MG TC or earlier with a five speed conversion kit missing the front springs and some type of Positive Crank Vent system fitted to the top of the engine?

Other than that I've no clue!

OP
swift6

swift6

Yoda
cooler....warmer...cooler... This is sort of fun, building suspense and all. I'll reveal later today so keep 'em coming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No kind of MG that I recognize...

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Column Change, Vanguard engine. Tube Chassis. Triumph Roadster or Renown, maybe? Though I think the later-engined Roadsters had a presed-steel chassis frame.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Triumph 2000? ... no way it's a TRX chassis is it?

All these chassis games are over my head. I work better with bodies (pun intended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and grilles.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster (TRA) shown at the 2006 TRC rally. It belongs to David Robinson of Luton UK and is the poster child for restoration of the chassis and motor. Powered by the Standard Vanguard motor only for the 2000 model. The 1946-1948 TRD 1800 roadsters were powered by 1776cc motor supplied by Jaguar. The frames are nearly the same, but were beefed up for the 1949 model. Great guesses! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Triumph_1800_roadster_FR.jpg

Paul
TRA 1846 & TRD 1293
P.S. I knew if I posted the picts it would not have been a challenge. Thanks Shawn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
swift6

swift6

Yoda
Glad to be of help, this is fun.

Kenny, keep your chin up keep looking at the frames. It might help you get lucky with a barn find some day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
As was told to me... 1949 TRA 2000

[/ QUOTE ]

. . otherwise known as the Roadster 2000

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Ha ha! got it in just under wire!! a guess of course.
My first guess was the 1800, which was close, but wrong. and that threw me off. I don't know enough about pre-TR Triumphs without research, that I missed that the 1800 had the Flying Standard engine, where the 2000 got the Standard Vanguard engine. Otherwise the chassis were quite similar, from what I read.
Thanks for the brain excercise.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I guessed right when I said it wasn't an MG! hehehehehe