• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not your average Barn Find

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag

swift6

Yoda
That would be a lot of 'fun' to clean out. Maybe with some gas, a match and a few fire extinguishers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

thats just plain scary.

mark

R6MGS

Yoda
Maybe we should notify some of the Chevy guys.....They might be interested in a 'group project' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

BlueRidge1

Jedi Warrior
Looks like a 210 post 55, definitly not a canidate for the tourch or the river... Maybe would make someone a nice ride or a good parts car. One mans junk........
current fleet 62bn7 tri carb Austin Healey and
55 chevy 210 (no bees)

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Last fall I went to move a fender I had laying on top of one of my Magnette parts cars & found the exact same "nest" filling the inside of the fender - huge thing....took several cans of hornet spray to kill 'em all.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I find the Aresol brake parts cleaner to be highly effective, and a bit cheaper.
They drop instantly.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Good tip, Banjo, I'll remember it as I've always got wasps or yellowjackets buzzing around in my MG Graveyard.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Hairspray, cheaper still, it glues their wings together and basically turns them into scorpions, then you can stamp on them.
For this old chevy, I vote with Shawn.

R6MGS

Yoda
I like the brake cleaner idea...Gotta go find some wasps and try it out. Does it work for ants too? I've got a bit of an ant situation over here. Right now I've been pouring gasoline into the cracks of the concrete where they create their nest...but it doesn't seam the safest solution. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

banjo,i had a yellow jacket "bugging" me all day long in my shop when i got fed up the closest thing to me was a can of "nappa" spray break cleaner one sprits and eeerrrrrr right to the ground, and ya it is cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've had the same situation. BrakeKleen works. As does 3M spray adhesive... the Scotch #77 doesn't kill 'em but they tend to get a bit "slower" when they're GLUED to the wall. Then you can taunt *them* the same way they did you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've had the same situation. BrakeKleen works. As does 3M spray adhesive... the Scotch #77 doesn't kill 'em but they tend to get a bit "slower" when they're GLUED to the wall. Then you can taunt *them* the same way they did you. Works with spiders too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Then you can taunt *them* the same way they did you. Works with spiders too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
I can just picture this. Doc waving a fly swat and just missing,then repeating the process over and over.Until the insect surrenders! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Yea, brake clean works on just about any insect, and extremely quickley too. Hornets don't have a chance to come after you. they do a rapidly decending arc.
And it evaporates quickley without a big ol stickey spot.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Reminds me of the time I was working on a car in my driveway back when I rented a house - was trying to break loose a rusted nut and slipped and fell against a flowerbed built of old crossties - hornets started pouring out of a crack between two crossties! I grabbed the can of WD40 and a lighter and lit that nest up! MacGyver had nuthin' on me that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif