• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Racing Story

Steve_S

Yoda
Just thought I would share this racing short story by George Hershell. If you haven't read it, you're in for a treat. It tells of his adventure driving an MG K3 in the Mille Miglia. I just read it for the third time and I'm sure I will come back to it again in the future.

If you aren't familiar with the MG K3, it is a legendary pre-war MG racer. For a photo, CLICK HERE

The story entitled "The Adventure Of A Lifetime" can be found at this link: https://www.nemgt.org/tso0404article1.htm

And don't miss George's beautiful drawing of a K3 on THIS PAGE.

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
Fabulous tale. The opening part amused me withthe detailsof the original entries. notice the drivers of the 3 cars? One Lord one Count, one Sir and a Captain. Oh and 2 mortals. Back then motor racing was a sport for the very wealthy. I remember my mother telling me of a passing acquaintence she had with one of the top drivers of the era - Prince Birabongse (?) He was, I beleive a Siamese.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Absolutely right about Bira, as he was generally known. He started a bit after '33, and by coincidence his first real racer was a K3 too. I have an original "Wheels at Speed" written by his guardian, Chula.