• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Woodward Dream Cruise

racing girl

Jedi Knight
We went along last night, with other members of the Detroit Triumph and Sportscar Club... what a hoot! It's a circus, a madhouse, a huge party. If you've never actually been there before it will blow your mind.

The official event is this Saturday, August 19th 9am - 9pm; but it's turned into a week long (and getting longer) affair. Last night EVERY parking lot, empty space, green space, business lot was PACKED solid with cars... people line the route in lawnchairs, three and four deep, yelling and waving at you... they want you to light up your tires, hoot your horn, burn up from the lights.... all manner of crazy stuff. It's now the largest single car cruise in the world, attracting 30,000 - 40,000 cars and about 2 million spectators EVERY year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Woodward is four lanes in each direction, and for the 16 miles of the cruise, it's packed bumper to bumper with muscle cars, hot rods, street rods, old cars, new cars, bikes, choppers, custom cars, British cars, Ferrari's, Porsche's, kit cars, beach buggy's, race cars and just about every type of transportation known to man! Each mile takes about 1/2 an hour to drive, and the closer we get to Saturday the worse it will be. Those not driving, park up in the lots in impromptu car shows... 16 blinking miles of it, both North and South sides of the road!

I don't know whether to love it or hate it, but I know I'll never experience anything like it anywhere else!

Just Google Woodward Dream Cruise... loads of info and links.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
I've always wanted to go to that....Was suppose to last year but got sidetracked....Maybe next year.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Hee Hee, RG. I'll be sitting in Joels back yard, listening and watching the overflow go past the house.
I drove the Midget down last year, and got thumbs up all the way.
Have you noticed all the cars that magically appear for sale in peoples yards during this week every year? I saw 2 '59 Caddys and a 66 Mustang for sale on the way home today. Not to mention all of the cars on the road headed for Woodward.
If any of you ever get the chance to make it, do it.
Jeff

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Magic!!!

..."Only in America"...

..."an' I'm lyin' here 'neath th' sun an' th' stars"...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don't say it unless you REALLY mean it!

- Doug