• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Really Good Day...turns painful :-P

JoshP

Jedi Trainee
Sometimes, you just can't win for losing. I had a rather good day today, which just turned a little for the rough side recently.

I finished up my A+ certification (computers) today, with one of the harder tests I've taken to date (the operating systems exam). Passed with a 673 :-D. The good part of it is, I was given half the day off at work with pay to go take the exam, then come back with my certification and put myself in for a raise and hopefully a promotion to field tech.

Little did I remember that I had a dentist appointment after work for a tooth that had been bothering me (wisdom tooth). Long story short, I had to have it yanked. Huge cavity in the side of it; it was either a root canal or have it pulled. Most dentists, including this one, won't do root canals on wisdom teeth. That hurt.... Still does, but the lovely Lortabs do nice things for it :-D.

First good, then bad...all in all, it levels out.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
See, that wisdom tooth held out until you'd used it all up! ;>) Congrats on passing the exam!

OP
J

JoshP

Jedi Trainee
Oh, Tony...I finally got the tire mounted to the rim you sent. It all turned out right, but the shop lost my trim ring. LOL If it isn't one thing its another. Just another day in paradise.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Josh - I don't have any nice used trim rings...but, they should replace it with a new one.

OP
J

JoshP

Jedi Trainee
They'll make good on it I'm sure. It's probably slid under something there; if its not there, they'll get me a new one.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Aggh. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled last year. 1 was abcessed. That was NASTY! But it's all better now.
Congrats on the test! Hope the extra $$$$ comes through.
I'm still paying for my teeth. could ya send some of that raise my way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif I keep gettin more and more certifications and classes under my belt, but it means Zilch where I work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've had all 4 wisdom teeth since I was 17-18 years old... They only give me a bit of pain every once in a while. I'm 33 now, and I hope I never need to get them worked on... I'm pretty sure the roots have wrapped good by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif