• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Now for something completely different

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Which one do you like best the old Battlestar Galactica or the new one? Have to vote for the new one myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
hands down the new one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
They may share the same basic storyline, have the same name and even some of the same people working on it and acting in it, but it's still apples and oranges. Actually it's shiney delicious new apples and rotten old mashed up oranges that got run over three times before the crows got to them.

If you haven't guessed yet, I vote for the new one.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'll stick up a hand for the old one, mostly because I have fond memories of watching them in syndication (followed by Buck Rodgers) for years when I was a kid. Hadn't realized there were so few of the original episodes. Yes, they are terrible but I still like them.

Watched the pilot for the new series, downloaded from iTunes (don't get that channel at my house). Was a pretty nice show, but just couldn't get into it.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
The pilots, while good and necessary for setting up the series, seem to be a bit difficult for a lot of people to get into. While I personally ~really~ liked the pilot episodes, I was a little reserved about the series until I watched the first episode. That was all I needed to be set on the show hook, line, and sinker.

I had fond memories of the old BSG show too. That is until I sat down and attempted to watch it a couple years ago (maybe a month or two after the airing of the new BSG pilots). At which point, I decided I'd been looking back at the show through rose colored glasses, and couldn't even finish watching the first episode. Disco doesn't even begin to describe the cheese factor...

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Edward James Olmos is by far the better commander. He is just over all more believeable. You could never look at Lorne Greene without thinking Ben Cartwright. The new BSG gives me something to look forward to on Friday night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I always thought Lorne Green was just that old guy who sat in the back of Airwolf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for BSG - I really like the new one (I also like the new Dr. Who, and both the Stargate series). But... my only memories of the original BSG were of the later ones where they visit earth during the 80's. And everytime someone would start up a conversation about the old show (after the new one started) All I could remember was Buck Rogers episodes.

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Ah yes, who could forget Erin Gray in those skin tight jump suits. Such a pretty lady. Ernest Borgnine was the old guy in the back of Airwolf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif