• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

WOW! PBS Concert

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Been sitting here for an hour watching American Soundtrack: Doo Wop's Best - 2 hours of absolute great music...sitting here in our home theater w/60" TV powering Bose surround system, its like being in a concert hall when we were teenagers! Gonna sit here through the entire thing, even if it is after midnight when its over!

Gotta watch more PBS!

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
PBS is cool. Got to participate in making a documentary about Saltville Virginia recently. I dressed in my Black Chaplains outfit. I don't know what they thought but I thought I looked good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Well you rocker you Tony!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I'm sitting here watching the news, typing an article for the newsletter and listening to some Neil Young.

Umm, Unka Tony, what's doo wop?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And last evening it was Pink Floyd.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Bose 901 series 2 thru a 280w rms 8ohm/channelx4 here tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Good system - we opted for something a little different:

Bose Acoustimass 15 system running through a Kenwood VR--209 AV Surround receiver so we can also play the speakers in our Zenith 60" TV - 5 Bose speakers plus Bose bass ("big thumper") & TV speakers....walls shake!

[ QUOTE ]
And last evening it was Pink Floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it, Doc! & after Pink Floyd, they repeated the Doo Wop concert! Man, things were cranking in my home theater!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Last night here it was Neil Sedaka. And the other evening it was Marty Robbins.

Why do they only show these during the fundraising periods?

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Neil Sedaka's still singing? That scares me a bit.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Last fall I caught Dennis Deyoung on PBS and found out he was coming to Little Rock a month later. Was able to catch him with the Symphony Orchestra and that concert rocked!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Concert for Bangladesh is on now - guess I'm gonna pledge!

Mickey

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've been a PBS supporter since the mid '70's and WQED in Pittsburgh... grew up with 'em (thru the 50's!).

I watched WQED. KDKA too - only K registered TV and radio stations this side of the mis'sippy as I recall.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
KYW, started out in Cleveland in '22 and unfortunately for the FCC's buereaucracy was mis-assigned.. in '67 they sorted it out and "correctly" reassigned it to Philly... and WKYC has been relegated to the "scrapheap of history" in FCC terms.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
WBIQ is my PBS station - out of B'ham, I think.