• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A "new" what was it?

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Ok here we go!
Any idea what it was besides the obvious?

205441562_5392613950_o.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

More to come....

R6MGS

Yoda
Jesus..........

OP
V

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
If it didnt say in the clip, It was on a closed section of highway for a charity event, I dont know all the info but the guy knows cars, He races SCCA(and won) and has had all sorts of driving classes.

Wow - I said Enzo the second I saw the engine... The enzo seems to be the only car I've ever seen that tosses it's engine out in a crash. How many is that detsroyed now? 5-6, more? I believe it was not a good aerodynamic design, and apparrently the car lifts suddenly and without warning at the high speeds it is capable of. Needs more downforce.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Truly a sad thing, this. Glad the guy is okay. If you get Road & Track, this is (or was...) the Enzo they've used for their testing. Had an article on it in the last issue even, written by the driver/owner. He drove it as a daily driver, and had something like 30k miles on it.

It was a charity event, where they close down a stretch of road and the participants get "speeding tickets," the proceeds of which go to support charity. Run by the same chap that built the new track here, Larry Miller.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
It does seem that Enzos tend to end up like that quite often for how few of them there are.
Note to self; call dealer, cancle delivery of Enzo. (I wish) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
I'll be honest, if I had one of them, I'd probably do the same to it.
Would have like to have seen his face just as the front end started lifting....

R6MGS

Yoda
The Enzo never did much for me....Sure it's fast, and expensive...But the styling of it just didn't strike me as a car that I'd ever want to own(even if I had the $$$$$).

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Truly a sad thing, this. Glad the guy is okay. If you get Road & Track, this is (or was...) the Enzo they've used for their testing. Had an article on it in the last issue even, written by the driver/owner. He drove it as a daily driver, and had something like 30k miles on it.

It was a charity event, where they close down a stretch of road and the participants get "speeding tickets," the proceeds of which go to support charity. Run by the same chap that built the new track here, Larry Miller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the car used by Road&Track belonged to Richard Losee. He recently turned his Enzo into a 'Targa' with the help of Maranello. He is also in Utah.