• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Started my vacation early today...

Well... I got sent home from work at 10:00 am because I had overtime (a whole 30 minutes)... So I went and spent the next 2 hours at both the state employment office, and one of the other local funeral homes. Got home at about 12:30. So now I'm on vacation! I go back to work next saturday (august 12th)... maybe. Hopefully I can find something else... these guys just keep cutting and cutting. The have no respect for their core employees. I'm now at a full 33% loss of wages based on what I made the past eight years. And several others I work with - All so the company can make an extra buck and the stock will go up a couple pennies. I hope we all get new jobs at the same time - that would be hillarious. As it is, right about now, the manager is probably sitting there by himself because he was reviewing everyone's overtime, and if you had any, you were going home.

Anyway - sorry for the rant.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Sounds like it's time to move on Kenny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
If everyone gets sent home how will the place run?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
kennypinkerton
They didn't really have anything going on today. But... the few things I WAS going to do today will bite them tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I hope someone remembers to get the vehicles fueled up. one hearse was only showing a range of 15 miles left in it... And all the other cars are at about the same level too. Seems nobody but me gasses them up any more.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
...The have no respect for their core employees. I'm now at a full 33% loss of wages based on what I made the past eight years. And several others I work with - All so the company can make an extra buck and the stock will go up a couple pennies....

My older daughter (who is about your age, I think), has been having the same problem. She's a hard worker, dedicated and has a Masters degree. She had about 5 jobs in the last two years and I know it bothers her. She's just lucky that her husband has a great job.
I was in a big pharma-company last week and the director told me that they were "going lean". This is "code" for firing most of the regular employees and hiring temps as needed. All of this "strategy" yields a few pennies on the quarterly stock return and really hurts the workers. It's terrible that we have become "driven" by stock portfolios and not long-term goals.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Hang in there!

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I hope someone remembers to get the vehicles fueled up. one hearse was only showing a range of 15 miles left in it... And all the other cars are at about the same level too. Seems nobody but me gasses them up any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I'd love to see their next funeral procession all lined up at the local Texaco because the hearse driver has a "Holy Jesus" moment on the way to the cemetery....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
You're just lucky your job can't be outsourced to India! Maybe they can run the hearse on Mango juice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JACK

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Kenny:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Patrick

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
You're just lucky your job can't be outsourced to India! Maybe they can run the hearse on Mango juice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JACK

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding. I left my last ISP (Earthlink) because their customer/technical support was all out sourced to India, and no one could ever help me with what I wanted. I always got the run around for hours on end. I dumped them as soon as my "contract" expired and signed up with a DSL start up that was able to provide me with what I wanted with better performance at a lower cost. The best part about my 'new' provider (been using them for a little over a year now) is that everytime I contact tech/customer support (which is not very often at all) I get people who aren't in a different country.

A while back on a tech/geek site that I like to visit ( https://slashdot.org ), some one posted a "Ask Slashdot" article asking what classes they should take to enter the IT/IS world. One of the replies was, "Learn to speak Indian and Chinese". heh