• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Down For The Count...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
So, today the landscapers were here installing a new patio between the house and Garage-Mahal off the rear deck where Jerri can see it from her outdoor kitchen....everything was going well until they started moving these 2 huge Tennessee Creek bed stones as a landing at the bottom of the steps...the smaller of the 2 (about 5'x4'x4") went in place and leveled pretty easily...the larger (6x6x4") created a little problem...it toppled out of the tractor's bucket & pinned my feet underneath! OUCH!

In the adrennalin of the moment, one of the hefty young workers grabbed an end and lifted it to allow me to get free...then he fell to the ground from the exertion...we estimated it weighed nearly 1/2ton as the tractor was straining to pick it up!

I hobbled to doctor where they x-rayed both feet - nothing broken thank goodness for my leather work shoes - but several veins were bursted & bleeding inside feet...skin scraped off in several places & sore as you now what....put 'em up & ice pack was the remedy...but the right one looks like a puff ball now & I can't stand on it...so, I won't be wearing any shoes or moving around for a few days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Oh, but Jerri says the patio turned out nicely...now they've got to build a rose bed around one side of it...when they get the natural stones for the border...maybe tomorrow I'll get up & see how it looks.

....& this weekend is the big Grand Prix American Rolex Sports Car Series - Porsche 250 - in Birmingham & I've got tickets!

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
Sorry to hear about the accident sounds v painful. The noise you hear is the line forming to the right with guys willing to help you out by taking the race tickets off your hands

ccougill

Jedi Warrior
I always knew you were a hillbilly at heart, put on some shoes. If I didnt have to work the weekend I'd be glad to go to the races in your place.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
yowsers!!! man I know how that feels first hand. Had a fork lift shatter my right foot when I was 18. I had 4 pins sticking out of the end of my foot for about 6 weeks...

I guess you were lucky no bones broke, but sure sounds like broken veins ain't no less painful... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yikes Tony,
put those feet up high, sip a cold one and hope you get on your feet just as the patio is all done.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...one of the hefty young workers grabbed an end and lifted it to allow me to get free...then he fell to the ground from the exertion...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ow. Hope it heals quickly.

Don't forget to buy the "hefty young worker" a six-pack or something.

Country flag
Hope nothing's too badly damaged.

A bit of a forced holiday, try to grin and bear it.

I trust daytime TV won't depress you too much, either- maybe more time for the BCF and other enjoyable sedentary pursuits....

R6MGS

Yoda
Ouch!...That had to hurt....A few years ago I was doing something on the roof(2 story house) so I had to get the big extension ladder(the one with the feet that have spikes on the end)...I was working with only sandals one(yeah, I know sandals on the roof, smart huh?) anyway as I was setting up the ladder it slid outta my hands and the spiked foot took a nice chunk outta my toe.

While we're on foot injuries a friend of mine, who was a body builder, dropped a dumbell on his toe....split it open like an apple!

Anyway, wishing you a speedy recovery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Man, I put my feet down to walk to the "library"...WHAM! BAM! KABOOM! I'd forgotten what it feels like to have blood suddenly rush to an extremity!

...& the body shop called today to say they had finished sanding & buffing my 380SL - I told them to keep it inside until I could put my shoes on!

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Ouch.

Dad of one of my daycare kids broke both his feet 6 weeks ago. The only thing worse was when a friend of ours fell off a ladder and broke both arms. Was horrible. For his wife.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Do we at least get pics? Of the patio I mean!

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Not today! I tried to put weight on my right foot - not today!

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
Typically the pain/swelling/inflammation is worse for a while after the injury-- Take it easy, Tony!

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Tony:

I am very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Keep it elevated and iced and it will definately heal quicker.

We can wait for the pics.

Patrick

tony,sorry to hear of you misfortune,as a contractor i see and hear of such accidents more often the most, consider yourself very lucky indeed. three days ago a local tree guy i know had a huge log roll off the back of his truck pinning his foot against a railroad tye severing his archilies tendon, they say most accidents happen around the home,ive never been injured on a job but boy i do manage to mangle myself up aroumd the house, take every ones advise lay low for a couple a weeks or however long it takes to heal, then take you wife out dancing. get well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just found this one. Been offline for a couple but gotta chime in say I hope ya heal up soon.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Am limping around toady (gotta get somew stuff done)...left foot is fine - right is still black & now the sole has turned bruised color...but I can at least get sneakers on it & walk & the swelling's gone down some.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I got an idea, go out in the garage, sit down, and pretend you are supervising your shop staff.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
When FEDEX's site comes back up, I'm gonna print a label & then take 3 packages to them...gonna go by bodyshop to drop off your stuff, Jack, & take photos.