• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Kansas City people>>>>>>>>>>>>

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Hey, I need some information on KC proper. Hotels near the airport, Labor Day weekend.

Clean is all I need, I don't require fancy schmancy, just a place to crash. But, since I'll be going alone, I'd rather not stay in the hood (although it's happened to me more than once before). Any familiarity with NW Prairieview Rd near the airport? I'm thinking Econolodge for $45 a night will work just as well as the Marriott at $70 a night. I'm not vacationing there, it's just a place to sleep.

Thanks.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I always stay at the Fairfield right at the KC airport exit.

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
Hey Jaybird-- Econo is fine-- close, safe and easy access to I-29-- Others include Hampton Inn, Best Western, Sleep inn, Comfort Inn, Embassy Suites. I understand the need for just a place to stay and these places do better than that. I assume this is for the all British Meet over labor day? Good! Hope you bring tons of others from the St Louis area.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, it is for the show over Labor Day. I'm hoping to bring Rushings and Mangles too, maybe a few others. I'll be coming in Friday evening most likely, or VERY early Saturday morning...show's on Sunday right, but the rally is Saturday evening. (I've lost the website and the information again!)

So Binabox or Emma will be fine overnight on the parking lot there? I'll check the Fairfield and Best Western, already checked Comfort Inn & Embassy.

I'd rather save my money for Zona Rosa or Westport!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Only thing in Zona Rosa of interest is an Italian restaurant down by the fountains & the Hereford House for steaks!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Brava Cucina's?

Tom Foolerie's is there too, and I've heard the microbrewery has good food.

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]

"So Binabox or Emma will be fine overnight on the parking lot there?" Should be-- never know what might drag in from other parts of the world. My guess is that there might be other folks with British cars from Iowa, Nebraska and sometimes Oklahoma (besides the Missouri and Kansas Folks). "I'd rather save my money for Zona Rosa or Westport! " Looks like Zona Rosa is trying to do something like the Plaza but its not quite as nice. Westport is still hoppin'. Downdown KC is really coming back, much like St Louis but it's not as far along yet. If you do intend to venture south, lemme know and I'll make some recs for restaurants, etc.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Every time I go to KC, Jerri always has me take her to the Plaza...I took her to Zona Rosa once & she quickly wanted to go back to the Plaza!

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Every time I go to KC, Jerri always has me take her to the Plaza...I took her to Zona Rosa once & she quickly wanted to go back to the Plaza!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Tony-- Those who have never been to KC are usually pleasantly surprised with the Plaza and surrounding area-- Great place for dining, music, strolling, shopping, art and touring with LBC's! It was the first outdoor shopping mall in the country, has lots of history. It's sister is Seville Spain.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I'll be staying at the airport Marriott. Don't care anything about shopping, but food, music and beverages are a plus if you have some recommendations!