• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

John Farrington?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Anyone know what's up with John Farrington (formerly an active poster here)? He owns Jack's Toy Store in Huntsville, AL. When I noticed he had not posted in awhile, I emailed him but have not heard back.

ANyone know his status? PM me if you do.

Basil

V

vagt6

Bas, if possible please let us know, too. John would be sorely missed here, his expert advice on Jags and great attitude are indispensible.

--M

Michael J.

Jedi Warrior
I recently heard back (about two weeks ago) to an email that I sent John. It was my understanding that he had been travelling a good bit along the Gulf Coast area. As far as I know he is alright, but then again, I had not heard back from him in reply to my reply.

Mike Baker

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I've been by his shop a couple of times in the last 2 weeks & its closed & the mail is piling up in the box.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Re: John Farrington? UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
I have called all his phones several times and get no answer on any of them. Hopefully he is out traveling.

Marvin

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news (well, some bad news also). I am in Huntsville this week and I called John (Jack) at his business and I actually got ahold of him. The good news is, he hasn't been on the forum to mostly to being busy and alsy traveiling a lot this summer. The bad news is, he is facing some serious medical procedures this month. I won't go into details, but saqy a prayer for Jack. He said he will probably be more active here during his recovery later this month.

Basil

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

I'm heading to Birmingham tomorrow - will run by his shop when I get back.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag

I will say a prayer also.

He is a very nice gent.

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior

Thanks for your concern and salutations. I have been to east Germany and the Chek Republic. No surprises in Germany (Dresden) but in Chek land, the Skoda reigns surpreme and is an interesting car. The Cheks love them, and are great Skoda restorers. Prague is a great city. I am having heart surgery (valve replacement) and expect to feel much bettter after the doc is through with me. During my convalescent period I will spend more time at the computer. Miss you all and thanks. Jack

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee

Jack,

Been months since I have had time to log in and check the posts, I went straight to the Jaguar forum with reading your latest in mind and saw that you were the topic... I am glad to hear that you are getting the medical attention that was mentioned and I pray for a speedy recovery for you. When you are feeling like it, drop a line or two on the Skoda, sounds very interesting and I am unfamiliar with them. I am sure in no time you'll be back in the toy store with a new project and many new bits of great and helpful advice for the novices such as me. Godspeed in your recovery, Jack.

Brian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Everyone,
Some very sad news. There was a posting on the local club forum this morning saying that John passed away last Thursday.
I didn't know John, but I was aware of him through his postings and some local club members. There are some long faces in Huntsville today. Sorry to bear such bad news as we approach a season of joy and celebration.

"Feb. 12, 1933 – Dec. 14, 2006
John Farrington
John Sebree Farrington, 73, of Huntsville passed away Thursday.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Farringtons’ residence, 1314 Big Cove Road. Parking spaces are available in the rear of the home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Episcopal Church of the Nativity with burial in Maple Hill Cemetery. Laughlin Service Funeral Home is assisting the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Episcopal Church of the Nativity building fund or the Huntsville Symphony.

C R replied
"Yes it is the one in the same."

C McC wrote:
Is the obit in today's HSV Times for John Farrington the same as the owner of Jack's Toy Store and Classic Jags? How sad! cm"
Another posting
"I don't get the paper, did it say when the funeral would be? I would like to
> attend. He was not only my friend but a friend of my fathers and worked with my dad and I restoring Dads Jag."

BOBH

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag

John will be greatly missed. He was a mine of information on Jaguars,and LBCs in general,in addition to being a gentleman at all times. God speed Jack.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag

You are fortunate in that respect. There are several members that I have met already, and there are many more that I would like to meet up with as well. John was one of those.....what he didn't know about Jaguars was not worth knowing.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

rats. blind-sided.

Just now reading this. Hope his family are bearing up. gosh.

We're all poorer for it. Wish we'd met.

farewell, friend.

Exotexs

Jedi Knight
Country flag

I remember Jack from various post replies, and everytime he was knowledgeable of the subject. In fact he knew lots about the S3 XJ and both the 3.8 and 4.2 engines, a lot more than I do.

At one time he took the trouble to send me a PM about the "dieseling" in my car, telling me how and where to check.

I've done a minute of silence for Jack this morning when I learned the news.

Exotexs

Country flag

WOW,

I was in Huntsville Saturday night and thought about him. Told myself I needed to call and see what he was into. Had not talked this fall. He will be missed.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker

Horrible news! A terrible loss for friends, family -- and all of us.

Whenever I had a Jaguar question, Jack knew the answer. Always correct...always described in a way a novice could understand. A model BCFer.

I hate that we keep losing BCFers. I know it's bound to happen, but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

I meet Jack while on a trip to Huntsville once. He was a class act!