• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shake hands with Hiram

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Hey how many forum members we got out there that ever shook hands with Hiram? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Mr Walker ???

Shook hands, gave him a a brief tour of my stomach, sent him back out the way he came.... On more than one occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Different Hiram. This is the one that asks how old your Grandma is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
When I came for my job interview here 20 years ago, they were so impressed with me, the Supervisor said HIRAM. And I am still here.
Does that count?

paul

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Come on guys I know there are a few of you out there who know what this means. I'll give you a hint its part of an initiation.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yes! & I've crossed the sands...

When there are secret handshakes involved, I tend to stay away. Not too much can be gained in a consensus or in the main population by people holding secrets they don't even understand. My 2¢ worth.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Are we referring to the Mason's?

- Doug

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yea, I crossed the sands as well but it was the Saudi empty quarter.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I crossed the sands as well but it was the Saudi empty quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that - Saudi, Kuwait, Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Iraq....just like a photographer caught George Patton urinating in the Rhine during WWII, I have a photo of myself doing the same in the Euphrates River....hehehehe

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Ok, just trying to see how many of our forum members are Master Masons or Shriners. I personally owe the Shriners a great debt because they repaired by badly burned hand when I was a small boy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
funny thing just happened to me.... totally unrelated to the meaning of this thread, but it has it's tie in... In my world it does anyways... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got an email from Hiram, and apparently he thinks I should be investing my money in some company that expects to see a 400% increase in their stock value this week..............

Hiram Grayson... yeah... not the same guy... but I saw the name Hiram on an email and I instantly through of this thread... *snicker*

funny how the mind works sometimes, isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
Maybe it's a sign you should invest it all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Sorry to those who are Bretheren, but I just saw this thread.

Past Master (twice) of Blue Lodge, York KT & Scottish 32, Shriner, Swords of Bunker Hill, ROJ and a few other odds and ends.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
another of the mysteries ...

Paul - how the heck did you stumble on this thread which hadn't been used since 2006 ????

You really need to update your browser more often, if you're traveling from the East :smile:

Tom

T

Tinster

Old Tinster is pretty good with cutting marble and stone,
laying brick, block and tiles. That by deffinition is masony.

Did a bunch of 4-wheeling across the sands in Egypt
with the Mrs a few years ago.

But don't know no secret handshakes.

d