• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

'67 Cortina GT For Sale

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Was talking to a mechnanic at a vintage Triumph motorcycle shop,located just South of Baltimore.
He told me that he has a '67 Cortina MKII 1500 GT,
that will be for sale soon.Needs finishing.
Contact me & I can put you in touch with him.

- Doug

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
And in case you need *two* of these, I have a friend that has a '68 Cortina 1600 vintage racer for sale.
Full cage, cell, race wheels, etc.
I've raced it....solid but needs cosmetics.
Asking $5000
973-383-8859 (NJ)

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mine will be for sale too.

- Doug

swift6

Yoda
Is it something in the air?

My brother and I are are also thinking of selling our Cortina, a MkII 1600GT. It's been dormant for a while but I got it fairly clean today and after giving the battery a long slow charge the darn thing fired right up. I'll be driving it the next few days to see how the waking up process is going.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]

My brother and I are are also thinking of selling our Cortina, a MkII 1600GT. It's been dormant for a while but I got it fairly clean today and after giving the battery a long slow charge the darn thing fired right up. I'll be driving it the next few days to see how the waking up process is going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've seen your car maybe? It had high gages like a '67 and trailing arms but with a crossflow? I think it had Mustang rims and black painted rocker panels?

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've seen your car maybe? It had high gages like a '67 and trailing arms but with a crossflow? I think it had Mustang rims and black painted rocker panels?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, It was built in Novemeber (if I remember the decoding of the VIN) of 1967 and has several crossover items from '67-'68. Crossflow production started in September of 1967 if I remember the Robson book correctly. Sort of a best of both worlds (if you like the umbrella handle parking brake) car from the factory.

The PO had 15X7 4-Bolt Mustang wheels on it. 195/50R15 tires. Stuck like crazy but felt very loaded. I sourced some 13X6 MINILITE Sprints from a local friend for $10 (not typo) and now it still sticks but feels lighter on its feet at the same time. It was also lowered about 1.5 inches all the way around, the rockers were painted black, the bumpers, grill and taillight surrounds were painted black. The windows were tinted and a third brake light was added to the rear window.

Here are some pics of the current state.

P7140043.jpg

P7140049.jpg

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, It was built in Novemeber (if I remember the decoding of the VIN) of 1967 and has several crossover items from '67-'68. Crossflow production started in September of 1967 if I remember the Robson book correctly. Sort of a best of both worlds (if you like the umbrella handle parking brake) car from the factory.

The PO had 15X7 4-Bolt Mustang wheels on it. 195/50R15 tires. Stuck like crazy but felt very loaded. I sourced some 13X6 MINILITE Sprints from a local friend for $10 (not typo) and now it still sticks but feels lighter on its feet at the same time. It was also lowered about 1.5 inches all the way around, the rockers were painted black, the bumpers, grill and taillight surrounds were painted black. The windows were tinted and a third brake light was added to the rear window.

Here are some pics of the current state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kind of nice Cortina. It does have trailing arms, right? How's the interior? What do you want for it?

Are the pictures representative of its current state?

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]

Thats kind of nice Cortina. It does have trailing arms, right? How's the interior? What do you want for it?

Are the pictures representative of its current state?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by 'trailing arms', you mean the 'radius arms' that locate the rear axle, then yes it does.

The photos were taken July 14th (last Friday). The interior is in great shape. I had all of the seats recovered a few years ago with cloth seating surfaces for added comfort. I also had an extra inch of padding shaped into the seats and seat backs to make them into 'mini-buckets'. The standard seats are pretty wide and flat.

This was taken on the 14th as well.

P7140048.jpg

We haven't fully decided if we want to sell it yet. If so I will put together an ad and notify all interested parties. (Have already had a few PM's.)

We also have a little treasure trove of parts that include a 4.40:1 rear end, original wheels with hubcaps and trim rings, an extra grill etc... I also have a 711M block prepped for assembly as well as the rest of the internal bits, even a prepped head. All machined and ready for assembly. If only I had the time right now.

If we decide to sell it all goes. Not interested in selling any of those items if we keep the car though.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How do you get those large pictures to post?
Every time I try (a smaller picture) it comes back,
saying that it's too large - very frustrating!

- Doug

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
the pictures are on another site (Photobucket in this case) and he's linking to them using the [ image ] and [ /image ] tags (no spaces). For example, for the last pic above it's:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>[image]https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/sloseke/Cortina/P7140048.jpg[/image]</pre><hr />

swift6

Yoda
Just out of curiosity... Does anyone mind the large photos and possibly having to scroll horizontally to read the thread? If so I can always make them smaller.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
i like them... I don't have to scroll side to side to see the full image. I have a monitor large enough and my desktop resolution is set high enough, that if I get side to side scroll bars I just make my web-browser a bit wider... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
Gee, thats nice.

Here's a Lotus Cortina MK 1 Project. Its in Brea CA.

Mark

cell: 714 720 5119

shop (he works on Volvo's) 714 529 9910