• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New TR6 Owner.

GuyShark

So I purchased a 71 TR6. I've been wanting a TR6 for a while now.

I still own a 77 Vette (that is for sale) that helped with the sports car bug. However, the vette is much too smooth and refined. (seriously!) I wanted something more raw. I wanted a ragtop. I wanted a manual transmission.

I had a 73 GT6 many years ago. The engine was frozen solid, and there was NO interior. I was attempting to restore it, but a move, and breakup, and other stuff forced me to sell it. That started the British car bug. It died down for a while, but its back!

Right now, I'm having some transmission issues, but with your help, I should get it back on the road in a few weeks. I'm also replacing the old, tired seats with, get this, Jeep seats. I sure hope that works.

Heres a pic of my new TR6:
p50110760ku.jpg

And one of my vette, that is for sale, because I've run out of garage space.

swift6

Yoda
Congratulations on your purchase. Always nice to see another Triumph owner join the forum. Especially a TR6 owner.

Overall though you will find that this is a great all around forum with many friendly people. Even the non-Triumph owners can be friendly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Welcome from a non-triumph owner - hehehehehe

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
"Rumph's Rule"

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehehehe

tomshobby

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome from a non-triumph owner - hehehehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny, Just keep hanging around! We will get to ya too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Might take longer for Tony though. hehehe

R6MGS

Yoda
Yeah, well you rumphies eventually got to me.

Welcome to the forum sharkguy...BTW: How much you asking for that Vette? it looks great...I've been wanting one since I sold my last 73 roadster......Wanna trade for another TR6, or how bout ab MGB..that way you'll fit in with the MG owners as well :joker:

R6MGS

Yoda
Ah, the old corvette forum...I used to regular there back when I had mine, looks like a very nice car....not a bad price either around here that car would go for alot more...shame your a so far from me, if I didn't have to factor in shipping I'd definatly be interested....Good luck anyway, I am sure you wont have any difficulties selling.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Might take longer for Tony though. hehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom - I've owned a couple of GT6's and a TR6....if I could find the 'right' Stag, it'd be in my collection forever!