• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NOOB with TR-6 fever

Ferdy

Freshman Member
Hi everyone,

Just a short note of introduction. I have developed a severe case of TR-6 fever, and will certainly have to swallow the pill (read:buy one!) in the very near future. I am eyeing a few, but the ones I like and want are causing sticker shock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'm not totally new to british cars, I did own a 1977 MGB in the early nineties, but honestly, didn't care much for the looks, ride, or handling of that car. Have not yet had the chance to test a 6, but hope to very soon. Any buying advice would be appreciated. I'm certainly torn between the temptation of having a true show car vs. having a driver. Thanks for welcoming me to the group. Ferdy from Louisiana.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome, Ferdy...sounds like you're on your way to purchasing 2 cars! You can never own just one anyway - but you knew that....hehehehe

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mais yeah - bienvenu from a displaced Cajun!

I'm sure you'll find your 6 - it's out there. Keep us posted on your quest.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Oh, and if you haven't tried it already, the Vintage Triumph Register website has a classified section. Just looked, and there are 28 TR6 entries on it. Go to www.vtr.org.

Mickey

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Mickey's one of the only guys I know with 2 first names & no last name....hehehehe...."Mickey Richard"

Though I never knew till now that "Richaud" was the French version of "Richard"! See the interesting things one can learn on the BCF!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, and good luck with your search. Having just recently found my car (a Bugeye Sprite) my advice is to believe folks when they say to get the best car you can afford. Patience, and your perfect TR6 will show up and the right price.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!

Welcome

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
And a Fai doh doh and ils sont parti to you, Richard. How'd you end up in Tennessee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Long story. Buy me a beer (Abita Turbo Dog), and I'll fill you in someday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag