• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OS&M

BritishCarMan

I was wondering if anyone has a extra copy of the Original Sprite & Midget Restoration Guide that they could part with for a reasonable price?

There is one on Ebay right now but it's already up to 20.51 and there are two more days to go yet. I may place a bid in on the last day if the price hasn't gone up by then.

I am limited on funds right now but I would like to get my hands on one so I can study it over for the next month or two before I dig to much farther into my Sprite. Thanks.

OP
BritishCarMan

BritishCarMan

Hello all. I just placed a bid on Ebay this evening for the Original Sprite & Midget Restoration Guide. I know I will probley get out-bid by someone, I'll be suprized if I don't. So in the event that I lose the auction please keep me in mind. I'll know in two more days if I get it. Keeping fingers crossed.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
eBay is a great source for many things, out-of-print books included. It is, however, often a seller's market as several people compete for the same item, thereby driving up the price.
shocked.gif

Also don't overlook used book sellers. An Internet search will usually yield some good leads. There are a few who specialize in car books, especially in the UK.

Another possible source would be various clubs' publications. As a "Sprite guy" (like me with my Speedwell Blue Bugeye), you might also want to know about Rick Moses, a.k.a. "Mr. Sprite" as a great Sprite resource. He's available toll-free, at 888-5SPRITE evenings, Eastern Time. Tell him I sent you.

Good luck on that eBay auction.

Attachments

• For Marin-Sonoma.jpg
    For Marin-Sonoma.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Front sidescreen nut.jpg
    Front sidescreen nut.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 75
  • BN4 side window from inside.jpg
    BN4 side window from inside.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 86
  • SAM_1289.jpg
    SAM_1289.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 78
  • _57061119_erez-2.jpg
    _57061119_erez-2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0176.jpg
    DSC_0176.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 82
  • steve & helen.jpg
    steve & helen.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Door Latch.jpg
    Door Latch.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 86
  • SAM_1284.jpg
    SAM_1284.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 83
  • rdv-2013 logo.jpg
    rdv-2013 logo.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 76

William

Darth Vader
Is that the one in the Bay View Books "Original" series, by Terry Horler? IIRC, it's still available new, or at least its still listed in the list of titles inside the cover of the Triumph TR2/3 book I recently bought. Check out MBI's website (the current publisher) for info, or ask a local Borders store to check Books In Print for you, and order it there. I have a copy of the Sprite and Midget book, but I'm afraid its not for sale for purely personal reasons.
Good luck!
-William

OP
BritishCarMan

BritishCarMan

Well I was right. I just got comfirmation from Ebay that I was just out bid. My high bid was $25.00 plus shipping was $4.00 so basicly I was willing to pay $29.00 for a used copy.

Hey William. The book I was bidding on was the "Original" by Terry Horler. I am also looking for the "Original" guide by Lindsey Porter as well. I found a internet store that was selling used copies of the Porter book. One was over $57.00 and the other was over $100.00. They may be worth the money but for one of few means that is to much money. It seems the the Horler book would be more cost efective for me right now and probley has just as good information. I am told both books are excellent reasources to have.

Well I have babbled enough for now. Wish me luck....I'm going to need it.

William

Darth Vader
I've seen both books, and by far the Horler one is superior. In fact, the whole "Original" series is fantastic-mucho better photography, incredible attention to detail. Pretty much all the photos are taken for the book, no archive photos used (the only one I;ve seen with old pics in it was the AC Ace/Cobra one, which had three B&W pics of chassis outside the Thames Ditton factory). And, I hate to say it, Original Sprite & Midget is not listed in the Moss Motors catalog, which sells some of the titles in the series. Good luck with the hunt!
-William

William

Darth Vader
Just curious (I work in a bookstore, so stuff like this interests me), any luck finding another copy of Original Sprite and Midget? Just remembered another suggestion-Harvest Booksearch (www.harvestbooksearch.com) can help locate out of print titles, too.
-Wm.

OP
BritishCarMan

BritishCarMan

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by William:
Just curious (I work in a bookstore, so stuff like this interests me), any luck finding another copy of Original Sprite and Midget? Just remembered another suggestion-Harvest Booksearch (www.harvestbooksearch.com) can help locate out of print titles, too.
-Wm.
<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the lead William. I will check them out. I even checked my local library. They have quite a huge selection but very little on Sprites and Midgets. As you may have guessed they don't have Horler's Original book. Thanks for the information again.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I checked the WH Smith site in the UK. It is out of print, but available for 19.95 sterling, plus shipping. The purchase price translates to around $30.00 plus shipping, with a wait of around five weeks.