• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Forum Addiction

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
I must have forum addiction. My morning is ruined when I try to come here and find out that the forum isn't available. Its especially depressing when the cause is the actions of some low life twit. If they think they are that smart they ought to get a real job at a software company and make the big bucks. But nooooooooooooooooooo they have to mess up the lives of us hard working honest people who happen to have productive hobbies. OK I'm gonna get off my soapbox now. Thank Basil for staying the course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
it's people like that , that give computer operators a bad name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spam.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

Why screw up this forum....

There are plenty of really stupid forums to mess with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
and who said this is a productive hobby???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I hate it when this forum goes down. Then I'm forced to go on to ebay and the LBC catalog sites, which is starting to get expensive. But I am productive then, so I guess that it ain't all bad.

G

While the forum was briefly down, I went surfing (shouldn't say that too loudly) and bumped into another British car forum, this one dedicated to the MGB. Man, you think we are addicted! Those guys (and gals) were heavy into "chat". Many of them are on this forum as well. Some of them have a grand total of over 10,000 posts! I thought I was bad. When do they sleep?

Bill

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That's funny because if you read their forum for a while they complain about how "chatty" it is over here. A couple of people on the old Triumph E-mail list complain about the chatty-ness here too.

Can't please all the people all of the time I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes... my forum addiction is so bad that I end up lurking at the MGB forum too. AND the Triumph email list.

But when I need an answer I always come back to my buddy Basil because I don't have to worry about wording everything JUST right to avoid a flaming by the crotchety.... and there are enough of us nuts hanging around all the time that I'll get an answer within an hour tops.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
It's the best place to find the correct answers for all yer LBC needs !

D

Deleted member 3577

Sometimes you have to be quick...

I spied a freshly posted question about something that was rather obscure & a minute later 2 people beat me answering it.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its horrible when its down.
i have to do work instead.
ugggh.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I consider myself the Maynard G. Krebs of my work (!) place.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone under 60 know who Maynard G. Krebs was/is??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
NOPE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

tomshobby

Yoda
I have been trying to remember Dobie's girlfriend. Or more accurately she was always after him and he always resisted.

I am not addicted to this forum. I just seem to find myself here a lot of the time. If there is a 12 step program for this I do not want to know about it.

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to remember Dobie's girlfriend. Or more accurately she was always after him and he always resisted.

I am not addicted to this forum. I just seem to find myself here a lot of the time. If there is a 12 step program for this I do not want to know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like a little dose of denial /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Rich, it is not so much denial, more that I enjoy the fever and am avoiding anything that resembles a cure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelda is her name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - Zelda was the one that had a crush on Dobie...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Dobie liked Thalia.