• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

"Bring Out the Hellman's"

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England.

In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th
and is known, of course, as...

Sinko de Mayo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Jeez. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just looked at my Harken calendar, and the only holiday it lists for today is "Liberation day (Netherlands/Austria)"... I guess the mexicans don't sail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Sinko de Mayo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Groan.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
hnjhtlohjngireojhn ~bangs head on keyboard~ groooaannnnn.
Good one.

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Jeez. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just looked at my Harken calendar, and the only holiday it lists for today is "Liberation day (Netherlands/Austria)"... I guess the mexicans don't sail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Would that be Harken winches?
Simon.

Harken sailboat parts - winches, pulleys, blocks, etc.

Cool. I just spent about $800 with them a few months ago to repace every pulley and the mainsheet system on my Snipe. Got a really nice large calender for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Is that like the "Free" Snap-On coffee cup you get with every $10 in tools you buy?

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Huh?!? My Snappy guy ~owes~ me a truckful of coffee cups!

Kenny: Didya get a good boom vang? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

I designed my own boomvang and ordered the parts individually. It consists of 2 double blocks, and a triple with camcleats (inset in picture), that was the second most expensive part I bought for the boat... The most expensive part was the mainsheet swivel cam with ratcheting block.
211860-boomvang.jpg

Attachments

• 211860-boomvang.jpg
    211860-boomvang.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 19

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Clever lad. I like that.

sparkydave

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Y'all do know what kind of coffee they served on the Titanic, right?

(see below)

Sanka.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Sinko de mayo is pretty good too though.