• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vintage Mint Green 2004 Thunderbird

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Only made 605 of them - I'm beginning my search....probably will take a year or so.....lemme know if you see one for sale.

G

Re: Vintage Mint Pearl 2004 Thunderbird

You planning on buying a T-Bird Tony?

They were practically giving new T-birds away when you bought a set of tires last year when I was checking out Mustangs. They had a whole back lot full and they weren't moving any at all. The sales guy was almost begging me to test drive one.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
See if they have a Vintage Mint Green one

jg_mintwhit.jpg

Weren't they basically Jaguars in T-Bird clothing?

R6MGS

Yoda
That does look nice...But I am not too impressed with the T-Bird, they look great, but performance is average at best...and at that price theres many cars I'd rather have.
I see a white one on the highway almost every morning...driven by an elvis impersonator, lisence plate is 'hound dog'....I pulled up beside him one time in the Jag, popped in an elvis CD and cranked it all the way....brought a huge smile to his face.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
My cousin has a bright red one w/ a white top. He bought it for his wife to replace her ninety-something Jag and she refuses to drive it. They've had it since '04 and I doubt it has more than 3000 miles on it. He loaned it to me to try - frankly I was embarrassed to be seen in it. A little too much flash for me.

Maybe in green....

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, I've decided to learn a bit more about them...no decisions yet....haven't even gotten in one yet.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Then, again, there's this:

f82a06b65790172f8a4587989abd49f8.jpg

G

Between the T-bird and a Jag, no contest in my mind. I'd go for the Jag every time.

I'm with Zack, I always thought the T-bird was a nice looking car but not enough performance to back up the looks, especially considering what they wanted for it new. That same money would buy you much more sports car or luxo-GT cruiser elsewhere. It is a flash car no doubt, all about image.

[ QUOTE ]
Then, again, there's this:

f82a06b65790172f8a4587989abd49f8.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony......

Go with this!

But yeah... The Jag is basically an expensive Ford these days..... Not so sure the ford is an expensive Jag though. And not too sure you'll see any return in my lifetime on the rare color. Gotta be way more than just color.... You'll need a less-than-400-mile car, kept up, in perfect shape, and a perfect timing on the car market (in 20-30 years plus), and Someone who really wants it (your age) because other than it being a convertible thunderbird sort-of styled after the 55-57 models, not too many people like it right now. No nostalgia (for that 2004 car) for those of us growing up in the car market now. (I hope that makes sense). Limited production numbers in one color alone won't cut it....

...Gawd I'm gonna remember this in 30 years and those cars are gonna sell for 1.8 trillion a piece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Just beginning to ask questions & learn about them...and there's always the '82 Corvette.

25_4.JPG

William

Darth Vader
Just outta curiosity, Tony, what's sparked the interest in the T-Bird? Looking for a comfy daily driver and like the looks of them?

-William

R6MGS

Yoda
Go for the Jag, not even a question....Drive a T-bird, then drive a Jag....theres no comparison, T-bird drives like a taurus. I've been very happy with my Jag, had it over a year now...I am yet to have a single issue, handles the snow excellent(not really an issue for you though)...the car has made my commute a little more tolerable.

284243_102_full.jpg

R6MGS

Yoda
Now that Vette.......Completely opposite from both the Jag and T-bird....but still a great car( i want one!), especially the pace car like that, btw: thats not an 82...i think the pace car was 78.

I had a friend in high school who owned a 1982 Vette... Solid black with a t-top. Nice car, but the heater was always on. One other thing.... Huge rear parcel shelf/hatch area, but no hatch.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Actually, I'm leaning towards an '82 Vette...but I've gotta give Jerri some choices (& she's against the Vette) in case I find something I like.

R6MGS

Yoda
I've had a 77 t-top and a 73 convert. Both extremely fun cars, but lack refinement....plenty of power, great looks, handle pretty well.....cheapo interior(but with it's own charm), tons of rattles(even when new), frames rot our early, rear ends are weak, but what 30 year old car doesn't have problems? Overall, wonderful cars...if I had the room i'd definatly have one in my collection.

My 77(pic taken in mid ninties)...note the 'custom' paint:
284243_30_full.jpg

The 73....I really miss that car:
284243_87_full.jpg

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, the other photo was an earlier Vette - here's an '82 (& I don't know why that particular one - year not color - beckons me):

db_3.JPG

R6MGS

Yoda
Any corvette is good.....usually the later C3's are the least desirable(with the exception of C4's)...theres and 82 'collectors edition' it's a silver/beige color...not extraordinarily rare, but better than a regular 82.

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
When I was in high school I worked part time at a bank where the VP owned a mint green supercharged '55 T-bird. He always left the keys in it. There were days when I would daydream about stepping into the bank vault loading my pockets with big bills and jumping that bird. It was a beauty and the one you're looking for is sure a nostalgic trip.

swift6

Yoda
I learned how to handle a car with too much horsepower at the beckon call of your right foot in a '79 L82 Corvette. Far from stock, this car produced 400rwhp. It was red with white leather interior and mirrored glass t-tops. It belonged to my step-dad while I was in high school and I taught myself to successfully negotiate four wheel powerslides in it at the tender young age of seventeen. It also had a stage II shift kit in it's Turbo400 trans. It actually took practice to feather the throttle off so that it would not "bark" the tires when it shifted. Scary fast in a stright line, not too bad in the corners.

When I showed my stepdad how easy it was to do power slides and drifts in the car, his first reaction (after pulling his white knuckles out of the dash pad, leaving finger impressions) was to lecture me on how much the Goodyear Gatorbacks that I was boiling off were going to cost him (me) to replace. Then after he caught his breath his next reaction was to say "show me how you did that".