• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lebanese Iced Tea

G

I had two of my sons in for the weekend and with their help we finessed the little 4-banger up on my engine stand. It sat out in the weather for a few weeks on a jerry-rigged grocery cart covered in Visquine. We ran a stout 2x8 across the joists dropping down through the trap door in my garage. A come-along with some chain and 1/2" nylon rope got her right up. I had rigged the adjustable bracket on the back of the block first so nursing her into the engine stand was a piece of cake. The nylon rope was starting to stretch a bit so I doubled it. Now I can wheel her around in the garage and start the final break down at my leasure. With the my son's old college stereo blasting off the shelf playing Lucinda Williams, a big glass of Lebanese iced tea (Orange Pekoe tea + cane sugar + lemon juice + rose water + pine seeds) and my trusty Bentley manual, I am in heaven.
[I know ya'll are wonder where that subject line was going to tie in]

Bill

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Sometimes it's the little things that really mean a lot....

Rusticus

Sounds like the perfect day to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I'm going to try that iced tea. Are pine seeds like pine nuts?

OP
G

[ QUOTE ]
Are pine seeds like pine nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

One and the same.

Bill

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Lucinda Williams is great.

We spent part of Our Weekend listening to Nancy Griffith...another great one.
Our beverage of choice was Yeungling, but your ice-tea sounds like a good idea....I'll try it.

G'luck with your TR....I got my 1500 back together a few weeks ago.

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Hi Bill:
You got to love the sons. One of mine was up here last Thanksgiving. He and my step son helped me get my 3A body on to the frame and off to the body shop. Maybe, just maybe I'll drive it this year! We'll see, Heh.
Tinkerman