• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bumperettes

G

I guess it was about a month ago, I asked if anyone hand ever removed the rubber bumperettes from their MG. I found replacements from Octogon located in Vancouver, B.C.(approx $40 cdn per) However, after removing the bumperettes(4), I found the car looked far better without replacing any of them, (including the crome replacement parts). So Ifany one is interested in removing them, just back the bolts out and they fall off. I actually had to remove the two bumpers and then grind the bolts off, but even that only took approx 1 hr. So with that done, I naturally had to put the insurance on it and go for a cruise. Nice feeling, life is good. Now if only it doesn't snow anymore, woke up to 2 inches three days ago.
cowboy.gif

William

Darth Vader
I've seen a few chrome bumpered B's with the overriders (chromed versions of what you had, but much smaller and bolted directly to the bumper) removed, and it does clean up the looks of the bumpers a bit. They were optional on early Sprites and Midgets, I believe. The bigger, rubber, '74 model ones (like you removed) were, if I remember correctly, sprung to provide some measure of bump protection, but removing them really only makes the car a little less protected, more like earlier B's. An option, and one that I've heard is used pretty frequently, is to acquire an earlier set of chrome bumpers and fit those with their overriders.
-William

JordanB

I took mine off the front, but left them on in the back, I like the "cleaner" look that it gives up front.

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
the bumperettes from the bueyed sprite look great on the midget and some morgans use them too. try mocking it up in photoshop.
having the big rubbers on the rear are handy if you need a push.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I thought you had to be a member to post messages! Am I wrong? PJ

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The original post was from 2003, things may have been different in the old software that Basil used back then.