• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Boricua needs Company....a TR3???

R6MGS

Yoda
Well Boricua(the TR6) seams a little lonely surrounded by MG's...so this is what I am looking at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif.......ok heres the real story....I found this advertised locally, inquired turns out it's in Arizona! So I never bothered to respond, now I got another email from him and he seams pretty desperate to sell. His price was already very good, but I get the feeling it can be made better. I've always loved TR3's(owned 4 of them back in the 70's).

Anyway this a 1960 TR3 with overdrive...completely rust free, same owner for 30 years(the sellers dad) restored a while back, wire wheels, new interior....engine compartment is pretty clean(see pic) as well as exterior. There seams to be a little repair in the lower left front fender(also see pic). If I do decide to buy this car I would be buying site-unseen and would simply send down a truck to retrive it, please no lectures on long distance buying, I am well aware of the risks and know when to back off if things go downhill. What would one expect to pay for a car like this in todays market?....of course this would only be an estimate due to location factors, and the fact that all you have to go by is a few pics.

NWE9oPK1KP0kfnydToSzklGmc7Hx.jpg

284243_108_full.jpg

284243_109_full.jpg

Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I might be totally wrong, thinking of a entirely different car, (that looks the same), but have I seen this car offered for $8600??? Seemed like a good price to me....

Best,
Kevin Browne
'59 TR3A #58370L

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
thats the one....i think......He seams to be getting pretty anxious to sell, so I might give him a slightly lower offer(to cover my shipping cost, duty etc)what do u think of the car overall? I am not that familar with TR3's

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
From here, it sure looks good, but we haven't seen the other side... I wish my engine bay looked that good! Total miles, rebuilt engine/gearbox, etc? I wonder it it's close enough for Geo Hahn to take a look at; I think he's in AZ, or put out an APB for some else to take a look at/in/under. But being an AZ car, it sure looks promising! Did I see it an eBay, or somewhere else? Good luck! I like your 6 too!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59 TR3A #58370L

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If it's as nice as it looks, I'm surprised he's having trouble selling it at that price. Rust-free... Overdrive?

Careful...

Mickey

D

DougF

The left rocker panel has been replaced. So you are probably correct about the fender having work. The car appears to be very presentable. I would have someone look at it.

D

Deleted member 451

If you decide not to buy it send me the guys contact info. I can always use another.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
I sent him an email with a few more questions....I am gunna have to look at his answers and determine what I am going to do...He is in Tucson Arizona.....If I choose not to buy it i'd be happy to pass along the info.

alwaysride

I could be completely wrong here, but I believe I saw that car advertised on Boston's craigslist about this time last year.

I exchanged a few emails with the seller but it came down to one of those 'send certified funds first' deals and so I dropped it.

It looks and sounds like the same car and same situation (seller's dad), etc.

zauimaui

Freshman Member
I'm not a big poster but I thought I'd better respond to this thread... I too had seen this car (arizona TR3, selling for dad, etc...) on craigslist (I think it was Portland/Seattle). Also on the "TR3 For Sale List" was a warning that the deal in Arizona was a scam. I have no way of verifying it but it made sense since this car seemed to be too good for the price that was being asked. Caveat emptor...

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Assuming it's legit, I say go for it! How could you possibly regret it! I'm currently giving most of my paycheck to my ex-wife, but I'm still looking at an MGC roadster. As if I don't have my hands full enough with the TR-250! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
Well now I too am thinking it's a scam......once I started asking some 'scam detector' questions he backed right off and i haven't heard a thing from the once anxious seller.....and from what I've gather from your posts(thanks guys) he has been doing this for quite some time. I'd be surprised if I hear from him but if I do you'll be the first to know.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Like the E type that was on eBay - tell them you have a friend in the area that wants to check it out for you,& where can it be looked at?
I think that was also on a scam alert for another craigslistcome to think of it.
At least you're aware of a possible scam - saved your money.

- Doug