• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ebay fun

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
G

I saw that last night and was trying to figure out what the heck I would do with it.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I figured one of you guy's may want this to build a "gasser" or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ....

[/ QUOTE ]Oh sure...MAKE fun of the poor little Triumph sedan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif Don't forget that these helped put Triumph into 2nd place in import sales in the US on a few occasions in the 1950s! One of these was the first Triumph my dad bought (new), and it was a pretty cool car. As they approach 50 years old, they seem to be "coming out of the woodwork" again in recent years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I saw that last night and was trying to figure out what the heck I would do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Drive it?

I'd love to have something like that, or a Mayflower, for puttering around town. No jelly beans here!

Mickey

Country flag
That's kind of neat.

My daughter will be working in Houston this summer... I'll tell her I'm buying it for her.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Morris

Yoda
Odessa is only a little closer to Houston than Scotland. Texas is BIG.

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
I just look at the ebay site and found it interesting that the battery looked as big as the motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif But, then I saw the decal on the fender well stating 10 hp; I guess it IS a pretty small motor.

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Oh sure...MAKE fun of the poor little Triumph sedan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it's pretty neat. I wouldn't mind driving something like that, it' just the 27 mile commute one way to work, and having atleast 20 of it freeway with nothing around... It sorta looks like a Cambridge. BTW, the car has more than 10 hp. That "10" represents some sorta tax classification vs. motor size/output to register it in England. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I sure poured over all the pics and dreamed and Odessa is tantalisingly close to me. And the 10 horse is understated (but not by much, 850 cc is smallish) and my commute is only 13 miles. Oh, cursed reality. I'll have to pass as I really don't know where I'd put it.

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
What bcliff really needs is more money to fix up the cars he has. And what do you mean when the Morris is broke? Really the only thing that has laid it up for any length of time was a broken crankshaft. That put it out for less than a week! That motor has a new crank and is waiting in the wings. And... as soon as my 69 Spitfire has a new home, there is another project waiting for me.
Anybody need a 69 MKlll spitfire?

Morris

Yoda
Apologies if I insulted you James. I am used to people outside of Texas not getting the grasp of how big the state is. I get a real kick out of teasing such people. I was once next to a Northerner lady in a line who asked if 512 was the area code for Texas. I felt like going, "Garsh golly miss, whut's un area code?"

Well I guess I better get on my horse, mosey out to the back 40 and check on my oil wells.

Sorry again for the smart alec comment.

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
Texas? Yeah, last time I was there it was like a 6000 mile trip to the border... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bruce, I wasn't knocking the Morris, but you're such a hardcore SOB (or a glutton for punishment) this lil' guy is right up your alley! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif It's still less than $400, very tempting... Too bad those O.C. *%*$#'s are at it again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry again for the smart alec comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken... Ah wasn't wearing ma Stetson or ma ole boots in tha' picture, now, was I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cowboy.gif

How else could you possibly know, or even guess?

As for buying it for my daughter- she'd recoil in horror at the idea (an OLD car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)... she's worked in Texas before and knows how big the place is but I'm sure she's no idea where Odessa is (its right there next to Midland, that'll make it crystal clear, eh?)... it could be in Russia for all she knows... or the other side of Pasadena.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

D

Deleted member 451

I lived in Odessa for about 10 years. If the car is from there I'll bet it doesn't have a speck of rust on it. They get about 10" of rain a year wheather they need it or not.