Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Obi Wan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

spare engine needed for 69 TR6

Hello,

I am not sure how long it will be before I have time to repair my current engine. Some of the work will entail a machine shop. In the meantime I have no transportaion. I would like to have another engine on hand so that I am not in this situation again. I am hoping to get help on a number of questions 1) What are some reliable sources for used or rebuilt engines (I live in Washington state, and shipping costs can be an issue)? 2) Do the engines vary from year to year - I want to have the possibility to swap parts? 3)What are reasonable prices for used and rebuilt engines?

Any other advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Re: spare engine needed for 69 TR6

I'd start by contacting the folks at Tyee Triumph Club <https://www.tyeetriumph.org/>. Chances are there's a member who either has or knows of a spare engine.
    -- Andrew (Andy) Mace, VTR's Triumph 10/Herald/Sports 6 vehicle consultant and keeper of the North American Triumph Sports 6 and Herald Database

Re: spare engine needed for 69 TR6

The heads vary. You need to check the intake manifold runner spacing - they are split btw narrow (early) and not narrow (late). I think 72 was the changeover date.