• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 What's a roll bar worth? [TR4/250/6]

Alan_Myers

Luke Skywalker
Hi all,

I'm planning to sell a used roll bar, "street" type, but am having trouble deciding what to ask for it (haven't seen any on eBay in recent history).

Any thoughts on a fair value?

It's complete with four mounting plates and most hardware and mounts on the rear "parcel shelf" of TR4, and I think would fit TR4A, 5, 250 & 6. It will work with a convertible top, but won't fit under a "surrey" backlight. I don't know if it would work with a factory style TR6 hardtop.

TIA!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

jimitro

Good Morning,
The rollbar will work for all TR4-TR6s. I had two on both cars. Sold an almost new one on ebay 3 yrs. ago for $125.
Bought a good used rollbar at the Carlisle Import Show last year for $65.00. Someone is always looking for one and you should have no problem selling it. Good luck.

OP
Alan_Myers

Alan_Myers

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
I've got a nice one for sale right now for $100 + shipping. Is yours like this? Comes with mounting plates and new hardware and this one fits under tops.

https://homes.midmaine.com/~kentech/tr3a/tr6rollbar1.jpg

https://homes.midmaine.com/~kentech/tr3a/tr6rollbar2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peter,

It's similar... doesn't have the diagonal and horizontal cross-braces, and the main hoop mounting plates are angle plate so they wrap over the leading edge of the parcel shelf.

I'll try to get a pic today... it's over in my storage unit.

Thanks for the info so far.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
Alan, A plain looking rollbar just sold on ebay a few days ago for around $240. and a couple others in the last 2 months have sold for aroun $200. Just 6+ months ago they were going for around $125. but for some reason they have seemed to jump up in value. I think it has something to do with the price of new ones have gone up. The one that just sold started alot lower but there were alot of bids.

PeterK

Yoda
I figured that $100 was a good price for selling to a fellow forum member. On ebay of course, your mileage will vary and I'se seen from $100-250 for a TR bar.

Just for interest sake, I have anouther TR4 bar that's unique. The main hoop mounts through the seat floor in front of the shelf and the rear diagonals set next to the rear fenderwell floor just in front of the gas tank panel. I think that it's probably a custom job that someone had made but the large hoop looks cool.

I was going to install a street bar but now I'm leaning to a 6-point partial cage/or 4-point with door bars and removeable rear to front diagonal. The whole point would be to be legal for track days.

Bill Redd

Jedi Hopeful
Alan:

I'm not too far away from you, and may well be interested in that roll bar...
Let me know if you can get a picture...

Paul W.

I sold a TR4 rollbar last year for $50. It was covered with surface rust, so I let it go cheap. I figure that the work it was going to take to sand and paint or sandblast and powdercoat justified the price.