• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Some old military humor:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Three men are sitting stiffly side by side on a long commercial flight. After they're airborne and the plane has leveled off, the man in the window seat abruptly says, distinctly and confidently, in a loud voice, "Admiral, United States Navy, retired. Married, two sons, both surgeons."

After a few minutes the man in the aisle seat states through a tight lipped smile, "Admiral, United States Coast Guard, retired. Married, two sons, both Judges."

After some thought, the fellow in the center seat decides to introduce himself. With a twinkle in his eye he proclaims, "Master Gunnery Sergeant, United States Marines, retired. Never married, two sons, both Admirals.
----------------------------------------------------------------

During training exercises, the lieutenant who was driving down a muddy back road encountered another car stuck in the mud with a red-faced colonel at the wheel. "Your jeep stuck, sir?" asked the lieutenant as he pulled alongside. "Nope," replied the colonel, coming over and handing him the keys, "Yours is."

Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door.
Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone,
"Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir." Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?" "Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."

Officer: "Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "Sure, buddy."
Officer: "That's no way to address an officer! Now let's try it again!
Do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "No, SIR!"

Q: How do you know if there is a fighter pilot at your party?
A: He'll tell you.

Q: What's the difference between God and fighter pilots?
A: God doesn't think he's a fighter pilot.

Q: What's the difference between a fighter pilot and a jet engine?
A: A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.

An Air Force chief master sergeant and a general were sitting in the barbershop. They were both just getting finished with their shaves, when the barbers reached for some after-shave to slap on their faces. The general shouted, "Hey, don't put that stuff on me! My wife will think I've been in a whorehouse!"
The chief turned to his barber and said, "Go ahead and put it on me. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."

"Well," snarled the tough old Navy chief to the bewildered seaman, "I suppose after you get discharged from the Navy, you'll just be waiting for me to die so you can come and "p " on my grave."
"Not me, Chief!" the seaman replied. "Once I get out of the Navy, I'm never going to stand in line again!"

Bret

Yoda
Lov'em all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Also I think I know that colonel in the second one.

Minor point Doc, There ain't no such thing as a Master "Cheif" Gunnery Sergeant in the Corps. Just a Gunny Sgt (E6) & a Master Gunnery Sergeant (E9). Second only to God & the Sergent Major of the Marine Corps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Those are all good ones... got a good chuckle out of them... but I heard one recently that had me rolling:

So, in light of military downsizing during Clinton's Administration, the Marine Corps decided they had to many higher ranking personel. In an effort to reduce these numbers they offered an early retirement incentive to officers and senior ranking Staff NCOs.

In one sepperations office there was a Captain, a Colonel, and a Master Gunnery Sgt. (who had been in the Corps longer than the two officers combined) all waiting for their retirement and how the retirement bonus would be determined.

The clerk approached the Capt. and told him, "Sir, the gov't has decided the early retirement bonus will be $1,000 for every inch between any 2 points you choose on your body." To which the Capt. replied, "Well heck, that's easy! I'm 6'2" tall. I'll take the distance between the top of my head and the bottom of my feet!" So, he received $74,000 for his retirement bonus and left happily.

The Colonel was up next and he smartly replied, "I want the distance between the tips of my up reached hands to the bottom of my feet." When he reached up he was able to make the distance a whopping 8 feet, so he received $96,000 for his retirement bonus.

Finally, it was the Master Guns turn. The clerk asked him what he wanted measured, and the Master Guns without skipping a beat replied, "I want the distance from the tip of my tallywacker to my testicles!" The clerk paused for a moment, and said, "I'm not sure you understand. You get $1,000 for every inch we measure. The Capt. got $74,000 because he was 74" tall, and the Col. got $96,000 because it was 8ft from his feet to the tips of his hands." The Master Guns just looked at him and repeated, "I want the distance from the tip of my tallywacker to my testicles." The clerk feeling confused replied, "Very well. We'll have to get a Doctor to make this measurement then."

So, they get a Doctor to come and make the measurement. The Doc approached the Master Guns and says, "Ok. Let's get this over with, shall we? Drop your pants." The Master Guns does and the Doc starts measuring with his ruler. The Doc gets lined up with the tip and starts to measure the distance. After a moment the Doc exclaimed, "Good God man! Where are your testicles?!?" With a sly grin on his face the Master Guns replied, "Vietnam"

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks, Bret. Thought it didn't "sound" right, but it was a copy/paste thing and I ain't no jarhead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

Edited.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was thinkin' Okinawa.

*thud*

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
ah well, what's a couple thousand miles if you already got 10,000 miles under yer belt.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
ARGH. <groan>

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Bret. Thought it didn't "sound" right, but it was a copy/paste thing and I ain't no jarhead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

Edited.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey no worries Doc,

As anyone who’s ever worn the uniform knows (regardless of branch) some folks get downright indignant and take great offence when called by the wrong title or rank.

When I was in boot camp I thought this one Navy Corpsman was going to come unhinged on me when I mistakenly called him a “Medic”. Without going into details - its one of those things you only do once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For those of you that don’t know - in the Marine Corps the two people you don’t ever want to get on their bad side are your First Shirt and your Corpsman. Both have ungodly powers over your vary existence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif
Bret

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I guess that's why my company Corpsman giggled his arse off when I got sent to the Camp Hansen med clinic as a 'heat casualty' during one of our field training weeks. Durn Corpsmen stuck me 5 times before they got the IV flowing right. I figger my company's Corpsman was getting even with me for asking him to 'suck the poison outa me arse' when I got bit by one of them 8 inch Okinawan centipedes about a month earlier.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
oh yeah... no pun intended there Doc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Uh-huh. "under yer belt"... testes MIA... distance t'wixt Veet Nam n' Japan...

Th' frell t'weren't. You're cunning Rob. I'm watchin' you.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Need one of my Sneaky Pete cameras, Doc?

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've fair resources, Tony, but thanks anyway.

...oh, and just IGNORE that *incident* around my firepit last eve if ya check yer vid tapes...

mehheh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
too much fluid and not enough lighter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...yeah, somefin' like that...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I was wondering what made all that pungent smoke....